Oasis to tour with U2 this summer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MissZooropa

Refugee
Oki, more news about the tour.
smile.gif

Today in one of our newspapers there was this article about how Oasis and U2 are touring together this summer. They also tried to get this new upcoming Swedish punkrock band, Hives, with them on the tour but they turned them down since they had other plans and will just be ending a long tour by the time U2 and Oasis tour will start.
The add was kind of long and I won't translate it all but if someone has a program for translating, the link is this. http://www.expressen.se/article.asp?id=97564

Short clips briefly translated says:

Hives is known to go in their own direction. Now they have made a record in it. The Gallaghers have invited their new favorite band, Hives, to join them on the hottest tour package this summer. Line up: Oasis, U2 and Hives.
What do they say? You've guessed it: No, thank you!

Liam and Noel Gallagher, who has seen Hives live, wants them with them on tour on a 20 shows long tour in Europe this summer, side by side with U2 and Oasis. But they said no. Not even for Bono and the Gallaghers. Have they gone crazy? Of course all plans can be changed when Oasis and U2 wants them on tour. They says they have other plans.....

IMO.. because there are so many Oasis fans, and Oasis hasn't toured recently, it'll be even HARDER to get tickets because of that. I mean, I saw lots of No Doubt fans ONLY (not U2 AND No Doubt) -- for god's sake, I saw 3 girls decked out in No Doubt outfits and with tour programs and magazines and crap and they were in GA, and they thought U2 was from ITALY. Yes, Italy. Think about it. Actually, I think if Edge's daughter is still into Oasis as I saw Edge say in an interview, that could be part of it..

------------------
"Very strange looking object you have at the end of your stick.." - Bono

"Bono looks too intense for me." - Rollercoaster Tycoon park guest

"I was drunk, high on him, a shrinking, shadowboxing dwarf following in his foosteps...badly...STARSTRUCK.." - Bono, on meeting Frank Sinatra for the first time

"Bono? Bono is going to tie ropes around my neck? Wait a minute.." - Edge, when shooting the 'Numb' video

that would be fricken amazing to see U2 and Oasis at the same show

------------------
"Miami, New Orleans, London, Belfast, CHICAGO!" ~ Bono (during Stay) at Chicago 10/16/01

"Home, that's where Chicago is!" ~ Bono (during Walk On) at Chicago 10/16/01

I agree with elevatedmole. What?s the fun with mixing those bands? When I go to a U2 concert I want to know that EVERYONE inside actually went there to see them perform. What if just half of the crowd stands yawning during Street for instance?
smile.gif
And what about the ticketprices in such occasion? *brr* I wouldn?t complain if Oasis got some kind of role as for instance No Doubt and Stereophonics had during Elevation tour so far, but I doubt they would accept such solution. Do I sound too pessimistic? Well, all I want to is see U2 and only U2. Amen.

Oasis already opened twice for U2 on the POPMART tour stop in San Francisco back in June 1997. I believe Oasis played like any other opening band would, during the day, and for less than an hour. While Oasis is still big in the United Kingdom, their popularity has really fallen off elsewhere. This would be good for Oasis because it would expose them to large crowds again outside the UK.

Originally posted by STING2:
Oasis already opened twice for U2 on the POPMART tour stop in San Francisco back in June 1997. I believe Oasis played like any other opening band would, during the day, and for less than an hour. While Oasis is still big in the United Kingdom, their popularity has really fallen off elsewhere. This would be good for Oasis because it would expose them to large crowds again outside the UK.

Actually I heard they were double headlining gigs

Well, that would be real nice of U2 to Oasis, because Oasis is not in a position to co-headline a tour with U2. That may really just be for the press, because I can assure you, U2 would never go on before Oasis. The band that goes on last is the most popular and the headliner and thats going to be U2 easy. Oasis popularity has taken a real tumble since the mid 90s. The last album only sold 1 million copies in Europe with 70% of that being sales in the UK. In the USA the album failed to go Gold(500,000 copies). A tour with U2 could help Oasis greatly from a marketing point of view.

I just read in the calendar section of the LA times that Oasis & Bjork are headlining the Coachella Music Festival at the end of April, for anyone who cares. I may post this info in another forum, too
biggrin.gif

Back to the Olympics!

Originally posted by UnforgettableLemon:
Actually I heard they were double headlining gigs

Hey we all know ya love Oasis, but U2 went on last, the show was on the U2 PopMart Tour, the ticket stubs say U2 PopMart and if Oasis went to the Bay Area on their own they would have had trouble filling up an ampitheatre.....

I'd say U2 were the headlining act.

------------------
Live As If You'll Die Tomorrow, Dream As If You'll Live Forever

Back
Top Bottom