Oasis never to sing Wonderwall again...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Sweetest_Thing

MacPhisto's serving wench
I heard it on the news today, oh boy
That they'd never sing it outloud again
And though this news is rather sad
I just have to laugh
What about U2?

--------

Really though. I mean, U2 sings WTSHNN and WOWY all the time. I's their best hit People pay to hear it. Personally, I think they're making a mistake. They could find new ways to sing it, or leave it out for a tour and come back with it (I'm thinking like SBS or something)...

What do you think?

Last edited:
i think the fact that oasis don't sing wonderwall anymore is horrible. :no:

ok.....to leave it out of a show or two is fine but to say that they will never play it again.

i mean, i know it was written about noel's ex wife and stuff but c'mon they split up long ago and they were still singing it after the divorce. :madspit:

like you said.....there are certain songs that people pay to hear....people go to concerts and pay to hear bono sing wowy, etc and people pay to hear liam sing wonderwall.

and besides he said in an interview a while ago that he knows that that is the song fans want to hear and that they wouldn't stop playing it.....what a hypocrit....oh well what can ya do?

U2 is the type of band that realizes that they can't please all of the fans with their setlist choices but they know that when the fans are paying X amount of dollars to go see them that they would like to hear one or two of the classics (ie WOWY, streets,UTEOTW,etc)

k.......i'm finished my ranting for the day.....thank you :)

I remember reading that Noel didn't really like playing it because it was about his ex, and that they could never seem to play it right. Always too fast or too slow. I guess it's their choice, and it's sad to see it dropped from their setlist, but they have many more great songs that don't get played often at shows like Columbia, Cast No Shadow, and Bring it On Down. I liked the way they played Wonderwall on their last tour with the electric guitars and all. The way I can see that Wonderwall is different from a U2 song like Pride or With or Without You is that neither of those songs are intensely personal the way Wonderwall is to Noel. But it's their choice and they aren't U2, so it's not really fair to compare the decision to U2's decision to play older songs.

Well they didnt paly it at the oasis show i was at about a week or two ago.....and i was wondering why they didnt play it

But if Oasis didnt play it again or if U2 didnt play WOWy or WTSHNN live again I really wouldn't mind

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

im seeing them on sunday, and while im extremely :sad: they wont be playin Wonderwall, when youve got songs like Live Forever, Supersonic, Slide Away, Morning Glory.....you can afford not sing such a brilliant song

Does this come as some sort of revelation? They haven't played Wonderwall since the world tour they did in 2000. It's been known for quite some time that Noel is getting sick of people, especially Americans, calling them "that Wonderwall band". Not playing it will help him get over his divorce as well. I saw them last year and they didn't play it, and nobody seemed to mind.

And for those wondering "What else do they have to play?", Oasis are not the kind of band to go down a list of their biggest hit singles and just play those songs. Their live shows are a good combination of hits, album tracks, and b-sides. To put it lightly, if you're only a casual fan, you probably won't enjoy the show much, because you won't know half of what they're playing. Here's a recent setlist (don't look if you don't want to know):

Fuckin in the Bushes - album track
Hello - album track
The Hindu Times - single
Hung In A Bad Place - album track
Go Let It Out - single
Columbia - album track
Morning Glory - single
Stop Crying Your Heart Out - single
Little By Little - album track
D'You Know What I Mean - single
Cigarettes And Alcohol - single
Live Forever - single
Better Man - album track
She's Electric - album track
Born On A Different Cloud - album track
Acquiesce - B-side
Force Of Nature - album track
Some Might Say - single
Don't Look Back In Anger - single
My Generation - cover

There's plenty more to this band than Wonderwall, and if people judge them based on that one song, they are missing out on a lot of good music.

Back
Top Bottom