NY's KROCK Has A U2 Announcement...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Diane L

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Freaked out in a Moonage Daydream, oh yeah!
...and they're going to make it any minute! It's approx. 4:10 pm as I type this...in a university library...a few minutes before class...which means I won't be able to hear it live!!!

The DJ, Booker, took a call from a woman who was going off to yoga class, but wanted to know what the announcement would be. He wouldn't tell her, though. She sounded like one of us...said that she knew she would sound like a "dork," but she just had to call and ask about the announcement.

I hope someone in the NYC listening area (Headache?) lets us all know what's going on!

no they have already started playing tracks. it seems to be some sort of concert announcement that's coming up!

i heard original of the species on krock but unfortunately some parts of the song sounded really bass heavy and other parts not at all :| for some reason the equilization sounded really weird and it sounds a lot better in the mp3 form we have. i really hope they fix that.

I'll be in NYC this weekend - so if this has something to do with a U2 event in NYC this weekend - let me know :)

I came in after they started talking about it, but it sounds like a "private audience" kinda thing with U2 (didn't catch the date!), album playback and then Q&A with them and U2 iPods. :cool: No performance unless they decide to do some "impromptu" acoustic. Contest to get in starts Monday.

Edit: Date looks like the 21st...if not, then the 20th before SNL.

Last edited:
I hear there is a listening party the day after the SNL performance but have not confirmed that, so this maybe in regards to it.

Last edited:
Crap did I miss this :crazy: The maddness has begun! I remember the last time they did a listeners contest!!! I MUST WIN!

it's as pop artist said. a listening party in "club vertigo" in new york city with u2 and 200 lucky members having a cd listening party. they'll explain what went into making each track. it may be that some or all who attend will receive u2 ipods.

Holy :censored:!!! I must win! Youtwohearts and I must go for her birthday :hyper: :hyper: Runs off to plan an outfit and prayer vigil.....Positive vibes peeps please :crazy:

No, I NEED to win! It's the least they could do after they shut me out of Irving Plaza in 2000. Although, I did get to meet them all the night before. :heart:

oh to live in a real city with cool sh*t like this going down... *where's the green with envy smilie?*

sending good karma to all the new yorkers! that would be soooooooooooo awesome to be at!

:drool:

Pop Artist said:
No, I NEED to win! It's the least they could do after they shut me out of Irving Plaza in 2000. Although, I did get to meet them all the night before. :heart:

What happened???? and did they say where this location is??? I have a feeling youtwohearts and I will be meeting you soon :lol:

From Krockradio.com

U2's Club Vertigo
Nov 11, 2004 5:16 pm US/Eastern
On November 23rd U2 will release their new CD How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb…On November 21st K-Rock gives you the chance to dismantle the record track by track—with U2. Tune in all next week for your chance to hang with U2 & get an in depth look at the making of the album.

The winning starts Monday after Howard.

I am soooo listening to k-rock every hour of the day next week.

I have virtually no chance of winning. It would be like lightning striking twice. I won tix from K-Rock in 2000 and attended the Irving Plaza concert.

But it's worth a shot.
:angel:

Today on 105.3 here in the bay area, you just had to be the 10th caller :| We were listening, and when Vertigo started I didnt realize you had to be the 10th caller because we had heard they were giving something away, but not the details and when to call :| So my boyfriend sais you should start calling now, and for some reason since they didnt announce it I didnt call. Well after Vertigo they played COBL they had this guy on the phone who won!!! He won an Ipod and a trip to NYC to party with U2 and he wasnt even excited!!! The DJ was like well cant you seem a little more excited!!! I was dying!!!!
But good luck to all, sounds like an incredible prize!

Also announced this morning in the Bay Area...KLLC - Alice 97.3 is having a U2 contest. Listen every morning at 8am to see what the U2 song of the day is (Today it's Mysterious Ways). They'll play it a few times a day and if you're the 9th caller you'll win HTDAAB and have the opportunity to go to NY for the listening party. I think they're doing it until 11/17. So Marisa...we still have a chance...and I KNOW we'd be EXCITED if we won! :hyper:

Actually, 99x from atlanta has been talking about it for a couple days now because they are giving prizes of a trip for a few to the event they are also giving out u2 ipods starting on monday as prizes.

U2SJ said:
Well after Vertigo they played COBL they had this guy on the phone who won!!! He won an Ipod and a trip to NYC to party with U2 and he wasnt even excited!!! The DJ was like well cant you seem a little more excited!!!

BASTARD! :yell:

Back
Top Bottom