"NUMB"...some confusion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In the Numb version from the Best of 1990-2000 The Edge sings lead, Bono and Larry sing backup, and Adam 'talks' ('I feel numb')

Lancemc said:
Ugh, what a terrible live song.

Although I don't really recall which , sydney or dublin , Edge's sound seems to be pre-recorded .... The sydney perfomance is pretty cool ..... All the cameras on Edge and all , and then Larry comes in to help . Larry's drummin on it is great , really brilliant , what makes the perfomance shine

I think it's Larry who says " I feel numb", whoever says it has a Dublin accent, something that Adam does not possess.

BANZAI said:
In the Numb version from the Best of 1990-2000 The Edge sings lead, Bono and Larry sing backup, and Adam 'talks' ('I feel numb')

That is Larry who talks. It is on the original too but you have to have headphones on to hear it.

Yeah. Remember when they performed it live during the Vertigo tour? Zowie. And going right from there to "Viva Davidoff" was a real low-light.

Thank goodness they performed "4th of July" to make up for it.

nathan1977 said:
Yeah. Remember when they performed it live during the Vertigo tour? Zowie. And going right from there to "Viva Davidoff" was a real low-light.

Thank goodness they performed "4th of July" to make up for it.

:huh: what show do you mean?? I'm nto sure if I'm following you here :scratch:

I'd much rather go to a show and hear a great song that they play every show than a lackluster performance of a rarity.

Reggie Thee Dog said:
There's not much to follow on that...he was kidding.

What are you talking about? They played that whole section on February 29th, 2003, in their tour of East Rekjavick.

Back
Top Bottom