N'Sync in Star Wars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Badyouken

Acrobat
I can't believe this. I'm not a Star Wars fan but this is ridiculous.

The 5 members of N'Sync will have a cameo in Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones. Georges Lucas' adopted daughters really love them so he agreed to put them in a big fight for a short time. They will be Jedi Knights.

Fortunatly (we have to find a bright side to this), they will be blown up by battle droids.

mad.gif

------------------
In the beginning, the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry, and been widely regarded as a bad move.
--Douglas Adams (The Restaurant at the End of the Universe)

Perhaps the Register was correct when it predicted that Attack of the Clones would not be hot. Seriously, they are a blip on the musical world that will be completely forgotten in 3 years, why oh why would you tarnish your movie with a cameo like that? Its absolutely ridiculous, i don't think i've ever been as disgusted or frustrated at anything I have ever read here.

I heard that Bono would be in one of the Star Wars episodes!! Playing a Poet or something, Anyone else heard anything about that??

I am disqusted by NSync. In 10 years when I show my kids Star Wars for the first time, I don't want to have to explain NSync.

Originally posted by spinninghead77:
I heard that Bono would be in one of the Star Wars episodes!! Playing a Poet or something, Anyone else heard anything about that??
you just saved this thread from Lemonade Stand obscurity

(for now)

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Bono...hmmmm....Here's a chance for Mr. Lucas to redeem himself. All he needs to do is re-shoot the scene, have Bono to slay 'NStink with the Force by reciting some real lyrics. By so doing, their heads explode and everyone lives happily ever after.

Have you seen the trailer???

It should of been called:

Star Wars: The Young and the Restless

It looks like crap. Now N'Stink is in it? Very fitting I think.

Oh goody goody.
Maybe they'll have N'Sync do a duet with Jar jar binks on the soundtrack...they can call it N'Sync and Binks.
George Lucas should be locked away methinks.

------------------
The joker is the best card.

Yeah, I saw the trailer the other day when I went to see LOTR again (which, btw, will soon prove to be the superior of the movie series, imo). It looked like Episode Two is all hearts and flowers. lmao. And I have to say...the guy they have playing him now seems to be about as good of an actor as the kid they had in Episode 1.
tongue.gif

*sigh* And I do love Star Wars...what a shame.
frown.gif

-sula

Well, I've never seen a Star Wars movie, and I don't plan to.

Unless that Bono thing is true.
biggrin.gif

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

Originally posted by Not George Lucas:
Some members of 'N Sync are going to appear as uncredited extras in a scene with lots of people. They probably won't even be recognizable. It's really not a big deal at all. I hate 'N Sync as much as the next guy, but you're blowing it way out of proportion. You wouldn't even noice unless someone told you.

Anyway, the movie looks like it's gonna kick ass, and I can't wait.

Oh, and the Bono rumor is completely false.

*Thank you* NGL for saying exactly what I wanted to! Though I should add that, as it goes with the Star Wars universe, even as extras they'll likely turn up on a SW trading card at least.
smile.gif
(Ack! And here I was looking forward to my very own Bono SWCCG card!)

------------------
- nan
MacPhisto made me do it

Despite the negative commentary here, we all know its going to do very well at the box office whether it has N'Sync in it or not.

Here's a thought..

Bono as MacPhisto to replace Darth Maul

MUWAHAHAHAHAA

I actually enjoyed Episode 1, though I was more critical when I watched it again recently. It has good bits and not so good bits. I basically expect to enjoy Episode 2. I'm really not too critical, though I'm sure the original ones were better. As for the N'Sync thing, I'm not convinced it's true. If it is, it's stupid, but not fatal. Unless they actually start singing and dancing, which would be a bit much
rolleyes.gif

But the new Lord of the Rings movie was probably better than any of the Star Wars movies ever. I'll have a better chance to decide when I see LOTR again, as I'm sure I will this month or next.

------------------
You say you want
Diamonds on a ring of gold
Your story to remain untold
Your love not to grow cold

Originally posted by theSoulfulMofo:
Here's a thought..

Bono as MacPhisto to replace Darth Maul

MUWAHAHAHAHAA
!! lol! They're both the same height, I imagine
biggrin.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~
a litle girl with Spanish eyes

A little less circuitry ** A little more poetry

YOU KNOW I BELIEVE IT

What you have to remember is that Lucas is making these movies for kids, not adults. There are just alot of adults who like to act like kids when it comes to Star Wars. I hate N Sync as much as the rest of you but honestly if no one would have said they were in it I probebly would not have even noticed they were in it. A 10 second cameo by some worthless celebrities certainly is not going to kill a movie.

The trailer that is in the theaters is only a glimpse of what the actual movie is about. I suggest you check out the hidden DVD trailer, you can get it on Morpheus. I think you may have a different opinion of you expectations of the movie then.

Bottom line, if you dont like Star Wars you are not going to like it. If you do, it may be one of the best of the series. Its amazing when people judge a movie that hasnt even been released by a 1:25 minute trailer.

Apparently they are on screen for no more than a second or two, in the distant background. Check out Aintitcool.com for info like this...

Bono was said to have approached Lucas for the role of a poet but I think the part was written out.

------------------
And I felt like a star...

Originally posted by Badyouken:

Georges Lucas' adopted daughters really love them

spoiled brats

------------------

you can try the best you can
you can try the best you can
the best you can is good enough

Some members of 'N Sync are going to appear as uncredited extras in a scene with lots of people. They probably won't even be recognizable. It's really not a big deal at all. I hate 'N Sync as much as the next guy, but you're blowing it way out of proportion. You wouldn't even noice unless someone told you.

Anyway, the movie looks like it's gonna kick ass, and I can't wait.

Oh, and the Bono rumor is completely false.

[This message has been edited by Not George Lucas (edited 01-03-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom