Now bring back my Popmart Even Better Than the Real Thing!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

follower

Refugee
Okay, my little angel (she?s my 8 years-old daughter ;)) and I just had an overdose of Even Better Than The Real Thing live, LOL...all 4 performances I have, which are Popmart from S?o Paulo, Buenos Aires, Sarajevo and M?xico! Plus the version from Zoo Europa bootleg (superb!) plus the best U2 remix ever, which is Even Better Perfecto mix! We danced and danced like two crazy little girls and we got sweaty and dizzy, LOL.

The S?o Paulo one is something...you can feel the Morumbi Stadium packed with almost 100.000 nuts jumping up and down, the whole thing was sort of shaking indeed, LOL. Amazing. :)

We had some great time this afternoon and I felt like sharing that because I know Even Better Than the Real Thing is not exactly a favourite of the majority here, but come on, it?s sounds great live, especially in the Popmart concerts. Don?t you think? Give it a chance, would you? Tchau

:p

Attachments

• saopaulocv250.jpg
    saopaulocv250.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 88
i wish i could listen to my popmart concert. :sad:

i can't find anyone who sells it. it's always trade, trade, trade. :mad: i don't HAVE any boots because i wouldn't want one from a show i didn't see...and i've only seen popmart so :madspit: to that!

:(

but i thought everything from popmart sounded awesome. and ebttrt is a great song anyway. :)

Even Better Than the Real Thing is the epitome of U2's very unique brand of 'cool.' A diamond in the rough if you ask me, I think it just gets overshadowed by the brilliance it's surrounded by on Achtung Baby sometimes.

Truly great song!

For most of us (assuming like me, you never heard the fly until later on) it was the first sound of U2 changed. I heard it on the radio in Korea and was like "who is that"

When I found out it was U2, I was like "wow"

:up:

KhanadaRhodes said:

i can't find anyone who sells it. it's always trade, trade, trade. :mad: i don't HAVE any boots because i wouldn't want one from a show i didn't see...and i've only seen popmart so :madspit: to that!

but i thought everything from popmart sounded awesome. and ebttrt is a great song anyway. :)

Which Popmart concert was that Khanada? I have a friend who has tons of boots, so I might help you out if you?re interested in CD-Rs...not The Real Thing , though ;)

KhanadaRhodes said:

I don't know which show you went to, but if you check my list at http://db.etree.org/adrock8082000 , I'lld gladly do a B&P for you.

Awww, how great follower!!! I love all those live versions of EBTTRT!! I really adore the POPmart from Mexico, I just love it!! :yes: :bono:

I LOVE Even Better Than The Real Thing! :D

I agree.. it's wonderful live -- during ZooTV was amazing, and it was amazing on Elevation as well. I've never heard it live on the Popmart tour.. should be interesting :D

"Even better than the real thing" is one of my all-time favorites. I love the video, I love the slide solo, I love the vocal. It is so fun and crazy. You can't beat the - "you didn't come all the way out here to watch TV, now did ya?!" intro, either.

- The Zoocifer -

This is one of the best songs out there! I love it! From the album version, all the way to when I heard it live during POPMART and even now live it is AWESOME!!! It just has a kick ass beat and force to it!!! This song is COOL in my opinion!!:yes: :yes: :yes:

Just to let you know that our next plan (my little angel and I ;)) is to watch both videos for Even Better Than the Real Thing, from the VHS Achtung Baby. She said she cannot remember the one for the Perfecto Mix. But she said she remembers clearly the other video. She even has a good explanation for the rotating camera, LOL She said it was Bono who was revolving around the camera...much like a fly would do with a lightbulb...isn?t she clever? :D

Kids... :p

Last edited:
Last weekend my friend and I overdosed on the EBTTRT video :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: i just can't emphasize that enough!!

and in concert.. :love:

I really should go back and watch Sao Paulo again..

evb.gif

and Khanada, if you want i'll do b&p too my list is here

dipster said:
I love that song!! It is one of my favorites. By the way, I have an eight-year old daughter too, who loves U2 as well :yes:

That?s cool dipster...next time I go to NY (at least it?s what one can read in your "from"...but the city or the state? ;)) I?ll bring my angel to play and dance EBTTRT with yours ;) JK, never been to US :ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom