Noticed some irony to the song "Wire"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

goincommando

The Fly
Haha this is sort of immature, but I was just going though my iTunes library and I noticed Wire's total playtime is 4:20. Pretty funny for a song about drug abuse.

it's just a stupid coincidence about an already stupid folklore thing/meaning/stoner reference.

i don't know if it's ironic that i am drunk right now.

*shrug*

A highly underrated song that kicks serious ass live.

I think that's the beauty of Bono's songwriting, what might be a anthem about drug addiction could mean something totally different to someone else.

It's a badass song either way, killer bass.

I prefer album version to live version:reject: , but anyway they should give it a try on next tour

I'm so into Edge's guitar work on this song, I barely even notice there are lyrics.

Live version does it no justice, specially with that "coo coo coo coo" thing Bono does at the beginning.

Interesting.

You can hear...I think Larry say "oh sh*t" towards the very beginning of the title track Unforgettable Fire. Though I think that's fairly well-known. Drum stick counting then, oh sh*t. hehehe.

Love the bass on Wire...especially when Adam played it with some "pop and slap" style live. Be cool to see that song dusted off for the next tour.

Snowlock said:
Live version does it no justice, specially with that "coo coo coo coo" thing Bono does at the beginning.

Nah, that's frigging cool. The live version really hit its peak when Bono snippeted Gimme Some Truth at the end though.

And with regards to this (honestly surprising, to me) discussion of the song's meaning, Bono himself stated live that it's about drug addiction. It fits thematically with Bad and RTSS, i.e. it's about heroin addiction.

Back
Top Bottom