Not much more time left until new U2 material

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Strato Edge

War Child
I'm telling you guys I think this next album will be great. Truth is there is not much time left. I believe it will be an early 2003 release with a single out maybe during the summer, which is just around the corner. So if you think about it there is not much time left until we get that new U2 material...and that my friends,rules!

I think that meant 2004. But I know what was on his mind. I wish it was early 2003 too! But the single won't be out until end of this year, or maybe early next year. Maybe we'll be able to download it by chirstmas. That's all the more optimistic I'm gonna be.

Strato Edge said:
I'm telling you guys I think this next album will be great.

A U2 fan, on a U2 fan messageboard, thinks the next U2 album will be great?

My mind is blown.

I think they're taking their time to create an album that sounds huge so Edge is trying out lot's of new effects pedals he hasn't tried before. I was studying some recording equipment and came across a machine that is made here in the Vancouver area called the RADAR and found out that's what they used to record the last album. The thing about this machine is it's digital and it allows the boys to record faster and easier then the days before ATYCLB. It would be pretty tough and time consuming editing analog tape in the studio before for the engineers but now it's all whole different environment. They should be able to put out the album this year using this type of technology but I think they are trying to create a whole new sound like they do every 2-3 albums and that takes time.

How can they explore and create a whole new sound? It just seems like the landscape is different now for the discovery of different guitar sounds compared to the eighties and early nineties. It seems like every rock band out there is stretching what the guitar can do and discovering a new sound that can be played lived as well as used in studio. I just don't see how the Edge can do it, especially with his chops.

Its probably taking U2 a long time to put out an album because the Edge wants to play more notes/shred in his songs and needs the practice time...

This thought has crossed my mind... Sounds dumb, but who knows?

Back
Top Bottom