North Dakota shoots down a bill to honor Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

europop2005

Refugee
N.D. House rejects bill to honor Bono Fri Feb 16, 8:12 AM ET

BISMARCK, N.D. - Bono has plenty of fans. But don't count North Dakota lawmakers among them.

Lawmakers in the House defeated a resolution 58-35 Thursday to honor the U2 frontman for his advocacy of debt relief for Third World countries, saying the Irish rocker had no connection to the state.

Fargo state Rep. Scot Kelsh, who sponsored the measure, said he got the idea for the resolution from a magazine published by the National Conference of State Legislatures, which mentioned that no state at the time had approved a resolution to honor the singer.

"This is something that does matter to us as citizens of North Dakota, the United States, and the world at large," Kelsh said.

Rep. Gil Herbel, a Republican, said he initially thought the resolution referred to Sonny Bono, the former singer, Republican congressman and husband of Cher.

"When I saw the resolution, I was looking for Cher's name in there," Herbel said.

HONOR HIM!!!
:mad: :mad:

I saw this today and laughed. Oh no, North Dakota doesn't officially want to honor Bono!

See image in my sig.

thumbs2.gif

This has to be one of the more amusing things Ive read lately inregards to Bono.
Has Bono even been to North Dakota??
I think even he'd would agree that the ND House of Reps really ought to be concentrating on more important issues.:coocoo:
By the way when is Bono getting a star on the Hollywood walk of fame..

europop2005 said:
Lawmakers in the House defeated a resolution 58-35 Thursday to honor the U2 frontman for his advocacy of debt relief for Third World countries, saying the Irish rocker had no connection to the state.

They do have a point.

WHO THE FUCK CARES?

The fact those idiot politicos actually spent public servant time voting on this is a disgrace.

Last edited:
The OOTS said:
Isn't Bono from North Dakota?
He's got that funny accent and all...

No, he's from South Dakota. That's why the North Dakotans voted against this bill. Stupid petty regional rivalries! :angry:

:wink:

Jazz hands? What about spirit fingers? :hyper:

I wonder if whoever the politician was who introduced this bill just wanted to meet Bono, since a U2 concert in Fargo isn't likely to happen anytime soon.

Wait...what about the other 49 states who didn't even propose any honorary legislation? Shouldn't we be mad at them instead? Apparently North Dakota is ahead of the game when it comes to thinking about honoring Bono.

Every other state in the Union is in the Bible Belt, and they don't think too kindly on a man who shakes his hips and sings about sex for a living.

:tsk:

corianderstem said:
Every other state in the Union is in the Bible Belt, and they don't think too kindly on a man who shakes his hips and sings about sex for a living.

:tsk:

Except for New Hampshire, which as we all know is a hotbed of lesbo-commie-anarcho-terror-nazis.

Back
Top Bottom