Non-Single Survivor: The Unforgettable Fire - Round One

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for the song you consider to be the WORST.

• Wire

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Promenade

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • 4th Of July

Votes: 31 48.4%
  • Indian Summer Sky

Votes: 6 9.4%
  • Elvis Presley And America

Votes: 22 34.4%
  • MLK

Votes: 3 4.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
PLEASE VOTE FOR YOUR LEAST FAVOURITE SONG!

In a nailbitingly close final round, Seconds lost, meaning that Like A Song ... progresses to the final.

Voting Results:
31 - Like A Song ...
30 - Seconds

Total votes = 61

Order Of Elimination From War:
5. Seconds
4. Surrender
3. Drowning Man
2. The Refugee
1. Red Light

Final Qualifiers:
Boy - The Electric Co.
October - Tomorrow
War - Like A Song ...

How to play: Each album will have a series of rounds of voting. In an album's first round, all non-singles from the album will be listed and you vote for the song you think is the WORST. The song with the most votes is eliminated. This continues through the subsequent rounds until we are left with just one song from each album. These victorious songs proceed to the final, which will be conducted in the same manner until just one song is left, which you can consider to be the Best Non-Single or Least Objectionable Non-Single, depending upon your perspective.

If there's a draw, for most rounds, both songs are eliminated. If there's only 2 or 3 songs left, I'll leave the poll open for another day, when there'll hopefully be a decisive outcome.

Really did not expect Like A Song to win War. I thought Surrender was going to breeze through.

MLK for this round.

EPAA

I would go out on a limb and say, based on what's left, Wire is the favorite.

the tourist said:
Was A Sort Of Homecoming really a single...?

We're ruling out quasi-singles, i.e. stuff with released music videos. ASOH has a video so it's gone.

My prediction for the win: Promenade.

Surprised to see EPAA level with 4th Of July ... I expected 4th Of July would run away with this first round.

Worst to best:

4th of July
Wire
MLK
EPA
Indians
Prom

so this album is settled, NEXT!

Last edited:
hey ax, in the voting on the final round second had 31 and like a song had 30. you have them switched in this forum. this is just to let you know and notify you that they should be switched.

EPAA. :wave:

I invent new lyrics for that song every time I listen to it!

Axver said:
PLEASE VOTE FOR YOUR LEAST FAVOURITE SONG!

In a nailbitingly close final round, Seconds lost, meaning that Like A Song ... progresses to the final.

Voting Results:
31 - Like A Song ...
30 - Seconds

Total votes = 61

Order Of Elimination From War:
5. Seconds
4. Surrender
3. Drowning Man
2. The Refugee
1. Red Light

Final Qualifiers:
Boy - The Electric Co.
October - Tomorrow
War - Like A Song ...

How to play: Each album will have a series of rounds of voting. In an album's first round, all non-singles from the album will be listed and you vote for the song you think is the WORST. The song with the most votes is eliminated. This continues through the subsequent rounds until we are left with just one song from each album. These victorious songs proceed to the final, which will be conducted in the same manner until just one song is left, which you can consider to be the Best Non-Single or Least Objectionable Non-Single, depending upon your perspective.

If there's a draw, for most rounds, both songs are eliminated. If there's only 2 or 3 songs left, I'll leave the poll open for another day, when there'll hopefully be a decisive outcome.

If like a song won, how does it have more votes than seconds:scratch:

Re: Re: Non-Single Survivor: The Unforgettable Fire - Round One

00Kevin said:

If like a song won, how does it have more votes than seconds:scratch:

if you look on the finalist page for war, you will see the real results are seconds 31 and like a song 30. ax just made an honest mistake

Neither 4th of July or EPAA are great experimental songs, but 4th of July is short enough that it doesn't interrupt the ASOH ---> Bad flow, while EPAA is long enough to actually hurt the album.

:shrug: Just how I view it.

Elvis Presley And America is a brilliant emotionally charged "experiment" song. It does NOT take away from The Unforgettable Fire but instead adds to it. Knuckleheads.

Harry Vest said:
Elvis Presley And America is a brilliant emotionally charged "experiment" song. It does NOT take away from The Unforgettable Fire but instead adds to it. Knuckleheads.

Yeah, I agree - I love how Bono's voice takes on the role of an extra instrument in that song.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom