Non-Single Survivor: Rattle And Hum - Round One

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for the song you consider to be the WORST.

• Van Diemen's Land

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • Hawkmoon 269

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Love Rescue Me

Votes: 41 63.1%
  • Heartland

Votes: 8 12.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
PLEASE VOTE FOR YOUR LEAST FAVOURITE SONG!

The loser of the final round of The Joshua Tree was Red Hill Mining Town, meaning that Running To Stand Still has qualified for the final! We now turn our attention to Rattle And Hum.

Voting Results:
40 - Red Hill Mining Town
15 - Running To Stand Still

Total votes = 55

Order Of Elimination From The Joshua Tree:
5. Red Hill Mining Town
4. Exit
3. Bullet The Blue Sky
2. Mothers Of The Disappeared
1. Trip Through Your Wires

Final Qualifiers:
Boy - The Electric Co.
October - Tomorrow
War - Like A Song ...
The Unforgettable Fire - Promenade

How to play: Each album will have a series of rounds of voting. In an album's first round, all non-singles from the album will be listed and you vote for the song you think is the WORST. The song with the most votes is eliminated. This continues through the subsequent rounds until we are left with just one song from each album. These victorious songs proceed to the final, which will be conducted in the same manner until just one song is left, which you can consider to be the Best Non-Single or Least Objectionable Non-Single, depending upon your perspective.

If there's a draw, for most rounds, both songs are eliminated. If there's only 2 or 3 songs left, I'll leave the poll open for another day, when there'll hopefully be a decisive outcome.

Love Rescue Me, which I think is significantly inferior to the other three.

I can never post in these things. Sometimes it says invalid session and other times it works perfectly. :sad:

Oh well, as much as I'd like to go along with the crowd, I don't enjoy Edge's voice too much in Van so that's my non-existant vote! :wink:

I love "Love Rescue Me". That's so beautiful when Bono starts shouting near the end ... :drool:

But considering my nickname and the results of the JT contest, I'm a bit concerned ... :scratch:

$20 says if Heartland gets eliminated at any point, Axver bumps the most recent 'Heartland Appreciation Thread' in protest :wink:

Disclaimer: namkcuR is broke and will not be able to pay any money to anyone regardless of the outcome of this bet.

namkcuR said:
$20 says if Heartland gets eliminated at any point, Axver bumps the most recent 'Heartland Appreciation Thread' in protest :wink:

Disclaimer: namkcuR is broke and will not be able to pay any money to anyone regardless of the outcome of this bet.

LOL, never been more sure money

:wink:

namkcuR said:

I want my $20! :mad:

namkcuR said:

Win the bet then!

Disclaimer: namkcuR is STILL broke and will not be able to pay any money to anyone regardless of the outcome of this bet.

:wink:

If Heartland is eliminated, I will be expecting someone to give me $20! :mad:

(If Heartland is not eliminated, I'd still like $20. :beg: )

catlhere said:
I can never post in these things. Sometimes it says invalid session and other times it works perfectly. :sad:
cop.gif
use something other than the aol browser and you should be fine.
cop.gif

People use the AOL browser?

Poor people. :hug:

Mozilla Firefox for everyone!

1stepcloser said:
Where was God Part II a single?

It wasn't, but it's fallen victim to the "pseudo-single" criteria that we implemented to eliminate the big hitters (as the whole point of this competition is to get rid of the huge hits) like Bad and UTEOTW: if it had a music video released, it's disqualified.

Axver said:

It wasn't, but it's fallen victim to the "pseudo-single" criteria that we implemented to eliminate the big hitters (as the whole point of this competition is to get rid of the huge hits) like Bad and UTEOTW: if it had a music video released, it's disqualified.

Oh ok cool, i see :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom