Non-Single Survivor: How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb - Round One

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for the song you consider to be the WORST.

• Miracle Drug

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Love And Peace Or Else

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • A Man And A Woman

Votes: 27 34.6%
  • Crumbs From Your Table

Votes: 7 9.0%
  • One Step Closer

Votes: 26 33.3%
  • Yahweh

Votes: 12 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
PLEASE VOTE FOR YOUR LEAST FAVOURITE SONG!

Finally, In A Little While has been kicked out of the competition. This means that Kite will progress to the final.

Voting Results:
49 - In A Little While
21 - Kite

Total votes = 70

Order Of Elimination From All That You Can't Leave Behind:
5. In A Little While
4. New York
3. Wild Honey AND Peace On Earth
2. When I Look At The World
1. Grace

Final Qualifiers:
Boy - The Electric Co.
October - Tomorrow
War - Like A Song ...
The Unforgettable Fire - Promenade
The Joshua Tree - Running To Stand Still
Rattle And Hum - Heartland
Achtung Baby - Zoo Station
Zooropa - Zooropa
Pop - Do You Feel Loved
All That You Can't Leave Behind - Kite

How to play: Each album will have a series of rounds of voting. In an album's first round, all non-singles from the album will be listed and you vote for the song you think is the WORST. The song with the most votes is eliminated. This continues through the subsequent rounds until we are left with just one song from each album. These victorious songs proceed to the final, which will be conducted in the same manner until just one song is left, which you can consider to be the Best Non-Single or Least Objectionable Non-Single, depending upon your perspective.

If there's a draw, for most rounds, both songs are eliminated. If there's only 2 or 3 songs left, I'll leave the poll open for another day, when there'll hopefully be a decisive outcome.

A Man And A Woman.

I really hope One Step Closer isn't eliminated first. It's an amazing song but there seems to be a widespread lack of appreciation for its beauty on this forum.

It's a huge shame In a little while didn't win. I find kite really bland, there's no way you could say that about In a little while.

Anyway, For this round A man and a woman should go but I mean c'mon is there really any doubt Love and Peace or else will win this?!

jonnytakeawalk said:
It's a huge shame In a little while didn't win. I find kite really bland, there's no way you could say that about In a little while.

:lmao:

Yeah, IALW isn't bland. It's complete shit.

Anyway, For this round A man and a woman should go but I mean c'mon is there really any doubt Love and Peace or else will win this?!

I've seen quite a bit of love for Miracle Drug, though I suspect it will fail to progress because of the large crowd who hate the "freedom has a scent" line.

My personal hope is that Crumbs wins. It should. Great political lyrics combined with awesome ringing guitar - it's U2 doing what U2 do best.

jonnytakeawalk said:

Somehow I don't think Joey Ramone would choose 'complete shit' as the last song he would ever listen to

Somehow, what Joey Ramone listened to and when he listened to it has entirely no impact on the actual quality (or lack thereof) of the song.

Axver said:
A Man And A Woman.

I really hope One Step Closer isn't eliminated first. It's an amazing song but there seems to be a widespread lack of appreciation for its beauty on this forum.

I totally agree with you. My pick was also Man and A Woman which is not to say it's not a good song just the weakest of a set of very good songs.:hmm:

Axver said:
A Man And A Woman.

a man and a woman :wave:

i like the lyrics to one step closer, the music isn't all that great but the lyrics put it ahead of a man and a woman

This was hard...but I picked Miracle Drug.

I love all of these songs, but Miracle Drug IMO seems like it takes too long to pick up , and the beginning is dragged out too long...granted, i still like it tho :)

One Step Closer

I'd rather the main lyric of the song be added onto the outro of Sometimes than be its own song.

kill "Love and Peace" ...OR ELSE!!!

Well I have lodged the lone vote for Love and Peace or Else. I just can't figure out why you guys like this one so much. Sure its better live...but on the album its average.

LAPOE is pretty weak lyrically but definitely not the worst here. I happen to like AMAAW for the bass, the production and even some of the lyrics. So that's not it either! I think that One Step and Yahweh are the weakest of the bunch here! And Yahweh at least has that hopeful 'sun is coming up..' line. OSC to me, is just a melodious mediocre song. Good but not great. So OSC it is!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom