Non-Single Survivor: How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb - Round One

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for the song you consider to be the WORST.

• Miracle Drug

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Love And Peace Or Else

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • A Man And A Woman

Votes: 27 34.6%
  • Crumbs From Your Table

Votes: 7 9.0%
  • One Step Closer

Votes: 26 33.3%
  • Yahweh

Votes: 12 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
LAPOE is so much fun, I love how the guitar and drums have the same rhythm

that's their best attempt to try and be glam rock :up:

I really can't see why this one won't win

One Step Closer.

Yes it is a good song, but to me it is the weakest of songs up there. I liked A Man And a Woman from the start. One Step Closer sounds like something really good is trying to break our from underneath, but never quite manages to - unlike another quiet song like Running to Stand Still which breaks out in the final verse.

Edit - I really hope Crumbs or Miracle Drug comes away with the win. LAPOE is a good song, it's different, it has 'balls' as some people have put it, but to me Crumbs a nd Miracle Drug are ahead.

AMAAW

Omg I don't even think I listened to that song a second time :barf:

-votes-

This round hopefully will go to LAPOE or MD

COBL_04 said:
One Step Closer.

Yes it is a good song, but to me it is the weakest of songs up there. I liked A Man And a Woman from the start. One Step Closer sounds like something really good is trying to break our from underneath, but never quite manages to - unlike another quiet song like Running to Stand Still which breaks out in the final verse.

Edit - I really hope Crumbs or Miracle Drug comes away with the win. LAPOE is a good song, it's different, it has 'balls' as some people have put it, but to me Crumbs a nd Miracle Drug are ahead.

Wow! We apparently think alike. I agree with every one of your points! :ohmy:

I think even the First Time goes 'somewhere' compared to One Step!

Love and Peace = "experimental" U2

Miracle Drug = "classic" U2

to me I see it going down to these 2, and Love and Peace > Miracle Drug

I don't know... as much as I love LAPOE musically, I just can't get myself to like that singing style.. esp. around 'lay your love on the tracks.. we're gonna break the monster's back'... it's a little.. I don't know... boring!!!... not to mention the 'where is the love' ending :yawn: ... although that guitar is great!

Zootlesque said:

Wow! We apparently think alike. I agree with every one of your points! :ohmy:

I think even the First Time goes 'somewhere' compared to One Step!

Yeah, I think Axver made a thread a long while ago in disbelief people still didn't like One Step Closer, compared with other quiter songs like RtSS and the First Time. Now I haven't heard the First Time, but I think the difference (going on RtSS) is that RtSS and The First Time have both been played live, and RtSS is quiet, but it breaks out in the final verse.

Running to Stand Still reaches a climax
The First Time reaches a climax

One Step Closer doesn't

that's what makes those 2 so much greater than OSC

Axver said:

Somehow, what Joey Ramone listened to and when he listened to it has entirely no impact on the actual quality (or lack thereof) of the song.

1a8b40e0.jpg

AMAAW. It's just out of place on the album. It could make a very lovely movie soundtrack song.

Zootlesque said:

:lmao:

what can I say? I'm impatient for a new one!

We're nearly at the finals of this one!

For the next, I hope we do Queen Bee's Survivor of Bono's lyrical flubs! :hyper:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom