Non-Single Survivor: Final - Top Three

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for the song you consider to be the WORST.

• Running To Stand Still

Votes: 16 17.4%
  • Zoo Station

Votes: 35 38.0%
  • Zooropa

Votes: 41 44.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont see why one cant factor in live appeal. We are judging their merits as songs right?

Anyway I think its hard to seperate.

After listening to scores of versions of the songs, it all melds in to one essential idea or distilled peice. Thats what I think of when I think of the song. Not album, live or anything else. Maybe thats just me though.

I voted Zooropa off.

Their all brilliant. But I identify more with RTSS and Zoo Station then I do with Zooropa.

3rd Place is not bad, I can sleep tonight.

RTSS on the album is one of the few studio versions that I believe is comparable to the live version. :shrug: It's different, that's for sure, but it's absolutely gorgeous and haunting in that way. The twang at the beginning of the song, the absolute emptiness it evokes... can't be transmitted live, IMO. The live version is a different story, but beautiful in its own way.

GibsonGirl said:
RTSS.

I don't want that song to win. It's downright dull on the album. Live, it's good. BUT WE'RE NOT VOTING ON LIVE VERSIONS.
:drool:

and because it bears repeating:
GibsonGirl said:
RTSS.

I don't want that song to win. It's downright dull on the album. Live, it's good. BUT WE'RE NOT VOTING ON LIVE VERSIONS.
:combust:

Assuming that everyone that voted for "Zoo Station" does again next time, it'll already have 37.93% of the votes against it, so yeah.........this whole thing unfortunately is leading to a huge blowout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom