Noel blasts Bono AGAIN....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's Noel - who cares? It's not the mid-90s, Oasis doesn't matter anymore.

U2One said:

Couldn't agree with you more here. For the amount of fantastic music that Oasis has put out they don't nearly get enough credit. The critics and radio alike have treated Oasis very poorly, undeservedly so. And it's all because of the fact that the Gallagher brothers aren't "politically correct" and like to speak their minds. It's nice to have artists that are always willing to speak their minds and express their opinions. Noel Gallagher is extremely underrated and should be regarded as one of the best songwriters of our generation. The best part is, as much as Oasis fans complain about the band not getting enough credit, Noel and Liam couldn't give a shit. They do what they want to do and not for anyone. As for Oasis not getting enough publicity lately, they have been and probably still are one of the biggest bands in the UK.

Oh, and I can't forget the fact that Noel probably gives some of the funniest interviews.

Noel's interviews are always a treat...

It also doesn't help that Noel & Liam are so quintessentially working class, and they embrace their upbringing wholeheartedly, always paying homage to their one hero, their "Ma", and always willing to have a laugh or two with the audience.

They are so utterly authentic people. If you were them, you'd be lapping it up and embracing what it is to be a rock and roll star, wouldn't you?

I used to love Oasis back in the 90's. But, even when I enjoyed them, Noel and Liam were always doing or saying foolish things. the funny about Noel though is that he'll slag anyone, including himself. So, I won't put much faith in his words. He just says these things to stir up shit. Someone should ask Noel when was the last time an Oasis album when multiplatinum.

Well said Noel, couldnt agree more with the guy.

In a interview a while ago he praised bono's africa work :huh:

According to the news of the world noel called Russel brand and told him not to upstage Oasis at the brits, russel said oasis were just a "footnote".

Good old russel.

vaz02 said:
Well said Noel, couldnt agree more with the guy.

In a interview a while ago he praised bono's africa work :huh:

I think it's very possible to praise and admire his work and STILL think he needs to shut up about it, or at least change his approach.

It works like an election campaign. Politicians running for elections go on tour and say the same stuff over and over again everywhere they go. Bono knows how politics are working, he has amazing insights into the mechanisms of politics, and he surely knows how to spread the word to raise awarness.

And Noel is a psychologically unstable person if he says one thing one day and the opposite the other day.

last unicorn said:
And Noel is a psychologically unstable person if he says one thing one day and the opposite the other day.

I think that's quite a stretch. You've never changed your mind? Or fundamentally agree with something but experience frustration and then say something that contradicts it?

And come on, this is Noel Gallagher. He'll say anything to get some press. Because everytime he shoots his mouth off, it gets in the press and people talk about it.

Mission accomplished.

vaz02 said:
According to the news of the world noel called Russel brand and told him not to upstage Oasis at the brits, russel said oasis were just a "footnote".

Good old russel.

I have high hopes for Wednesday's Brit Awards being the perfect car crash TV. :hyper:

seems like noel just got owned by thom...

"I never went to f****** university. I don?t know what a paint brush is, I never went to art school."

i did. it taught me to respect other artists.

Aygo said:
Well done, Thom!!!:lmao:

That's typical of the pretentious twat... (Thom, that is)

Who said Noel doesn't "respect" other artists? He just says what he thinks about them. It's called honesty...

Noel doesn't get hung up about all these arty-farty wankers who whinge about Oasis having heroes, being inspired by their predecessors, and borrowing (paying tribute) to what they themselves have cherished in the past...Noel doesn't care the slightest if they get condemned for being "unprogressive" or "experimental."

Just because you might think what another artist does is shite, doesn't mean you disrespect it.

It could be taken as constructive criticism. You can be as pretentious and arty-farty as you want, the fact of the matter is that there really might not be that many people liking a kind of "progessive" music.

intedomine said:

That's typical of the pretentious twat... (Thom, that is)

Who said Noel doesn't "respect" other artists? He just says what he thinks about them. It's called honesty...

Noel doesn't get hung up about all these arty-farty wankers who whinge about Oasis having heroes, being inspired by their predecessors, and borrowing (paying tribute) to what they themselves have cherished in the past...Noel doesn't care the slightest if they get condemned for being "unprogressive" or "experimental."

Just because you might think what another artist does is shite, doesn't mean you disrespect it.

It could be taken as constructive criticism. You can be as pretentious and arty-farty as you want, the fact of the matter is that there really might not be that many people liking a kind of "progessive" music.

That's not called honesty. That's called jealousy and being grudge. Noel only makes that to claim attention from the media, but he's not making anything positive. His criticisms could be negative, but not so mean. He's not winning anything with anything, and people already got tired of him.

Instead of being rude and stupid, and instead of making album that although they're all great (and I love Oasis albums), he should make a better contribution to the music. Because it seems that 12 years after "Morning Glory", Noel didn't learn anything and didn't grow up much as a person and as an artist.
Maybe that's what Thom was trying to say.

Damon Albarn should get next years contribuation to music.

David Bowie of the 21 century ( Bowie is miles better.... )

I loved Noels qoute this week regarding David Cameron (Tory leader) stating that he was:

"like a songwriter who's eternally ripping off someone else's song". :giggle: :giggle:

what does damon albarn have to do with anything?

and it's good to see people not being able to take criticism to bono, i wonder what would happen if those stinky north dakotans denied him a statue :up:

LemonMacPhisto said:
what does damon albarn have to do with anything?

and it's good to see people not being able to take criticism to bono, i wonder what would happen if those stinky north dakotans denied him a statue :up:

You may or may not know this but oasis this weak won the life time contribuation to music award at the brits, someone said before noel hasnt done much to music so i said ........

vaz02 said:

You may or may not know this but oasis this weak won the life time contribuation to music award at the brits, someone said before noel hasnt done much to music so i said ........

yeah, i forgot about that. it looked like your comment just came out of nowhere though, sorry about that.

regardless of their originality, i think oasis has made good music, and have legions of fans in the world and have influenced people with their music.

i'm not saying they're the best, far from it, but i enjoy the band and hope they continue making good music. :up:

xaviMF22 said:
Oasis used to be a good band

then they gave us Be Here now, and it all went downhill from there :yawn:

Be Here Now has maybe 2 or 3 good songs, but Don't Believe the Truth was a return to form.

Standing on the Shoulders of Giants is really underrated.

LemonMacPhisto said:

Be Here Now has maybe 2 or 3 good songs, but Don't Believe the Truth was a return to form.

Standing on the Shoulders of Giants is really underrated.

Don't believe the truth is a great record....:up: their best since...What's the Story....:drool:

I'm not big on Standing on the shoulders of Giants....or Heather Chemistry :shrug:

though I do like some songs on both

"Fuckin' in the Bushes":drool:

Hindu Times:drool:

Back
Top Bottom