No U2 on the NYC Concert

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I missed the show, so if someone could provide a setlist, it would be greatly appreciated.

------------------
"Good men die unhappily. Bad men die unluckily. THAT's tragedy." --Tom Stoppard

"I can't watch a man sing a song. He gets all emotional, he starts swaying...it's embarrassing!" -- Jerry Seinfeld

Originally posted by the olive:
The problem with having The Who at festival type shows is they make the other acts look pathetic. They did it at the Stones' "Rock and roll circus", they did it at Woodstock, The Isle of Wright, and they did it tonight. The only other band that might have given them a run for their money is U2, but our guys bowed out... Too bad.

Well said...I enjoyed the entire show as we watched it, but found that the next day The Who's performance was the most memorable, energetic, and powerful one I saw that night. And I LOVE the Stones, but Mick and Keith just did not have the goods Saturday night! You are so right...the only band other than The Who that could have brought that much energy and talent to the stage in this age is U2...no argument!

I am so sorry they were not there...this was a history-making event and with such a strong showing from Great Britain, they should have been there! I will see them Thursday night at MSG but for posterity's sake I wish they had appeared at this particular concert. It was important that they did, and sad that they did not.

Back
Top Bottom