NO U2 at VH1 tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Like O2

She wore graaaapes
They just sent a taped message. They won't be there. Turn off the VCR's

------------------
VIVA LAS VEGAS!

DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS [No thanks to Propaganda - BLAH!]

Thanks for spending your hard earned cash on a rock show. ~ Bono, Houston, 4-2-01

This rumor circulated the crowd in Baltimore last night but I didn't believe it. WHY?????

------------------
Visit my U2 webpage! <A HREF="http://community.webshots.com/user/u2kitten

"Walk" TARGET=_blank>http://community.webshots.com/user/u2kitten

"Walk</A> On, stay safe tonight"

I had a hunch it was too good to be true. I just got five hours of tonight handed back to me. Thanks for the heads-up, Like O2.

------------------
...a highway with no one on it, a treasure just to look upon it...

"The skeletal structure of your foot is not normal." -- my podiatrist 8-6-01

*Sigh* Im so disappointed!!!!
frown.gif
But they are playing New York right now!!!

Originally posted by martha:
I had a hunch it was too good to be true. I just got five hours of tonight handed back to me. Thanks for the heads-up, Like O2.

martha!!!! Hey girl! Haven't seen you in such a long time. Hope you're doing great!

Sorry, back to the thread.

Ivan please don't put Bon Jovi in the category with N'SUCK. They are a band, who write their own material and play their own instruments and do not dance. Jon Bon Jovi and Ritchie Sambora grew up and still live 35 miles from NYC. They actually saw the smoke cloud from the WTC go up and followed it until they saw the terrible cause of it. They were very moved as Americans and human beings. They want to be there for their country and their nearby city. Give them credit for that even if you don't like their music.

My cable went out just after the U2 video announcement, can someone tell me if a reason was given for the no-show?

Originally posted by IvanClaytonJnr:
Bon-Jovi , a NYC band so that's okay , i respect them etc , but to call their music a ROCK music : nonsence , some smash-pop-hits some styles stolen from U2 & G'N'R - that is all .

Amen to that!

I don't respect Bon Jovi. Their music sucks and all of their songs sound alike.

------------------
...a highway with no one on it, a treasure just to look upon it...

"The skeletal structure of your foot is not normal." -- my podiatrist 8-6-01

Well here in the UK I stayed up til 5 am watching the frigging webcast and NO announcement was made on there that they wouldn't be playing.
Why announce they were in the last few days and then pull out at the last minute it seems really odd, perhaps Bono or Edge is ill they would have known their other committments prior to it so the mystery goes on.....
They must have flown back to Dublin or something for some time off or maybe are finishing the Gangs soundtrack? Anyone got any ideas?!!
Strange.....

maybe U2 had something else to do. it's not so hard to imagine.

------------------
i'm a reasonable man
get off my case

Originally posted by Like O2:
They just sent a taped message. They won't be there. Turn off the VCR's

O2-you coulda came over my house and listened to all my Bos 4 boots over and over..AGAIN

DB9

------------------
"...The big guy is made of STEEL." - Bono as we stood together on stage at Boston #4, June 9th, 2001.

---
If curious click
links for
Boston 4 story
and photos..

http://www.arizonaautoweb.com/bono/

http://members.aol.com/diamondbruno9/

I'm sure we'll find out soon why they weren't able to attend. I, for one, still enjoyed every minute of the 5 hour NYC concert.....highlights for me were The Who and Paul McCartney...and not to forget Billy Crystal....

Well here in the newspaper it said "Bono of U2 was supposed to attend the event but couldn't due to a family problem."

Originally posted by mug222:
Well here in the newspaper it said "Bono of U2 was supposed to attend the event but couldn't due to a family problem."
! o no!

------------------
~*Mona*~the Shamrock n rolla!
Bono Rep. of the Ambassadorship of the World for L.E.A.T.H.E.R.

"Joe Houdini!" ~Charlie Brown~

DREAM OUT LOUD

"Summers when the money was gone you'd sing all your little songs that meant every thing to me."~Remy Zero~

Originally posted by Diamond The U2 Patriot:
O2-you coulda came over my house and listened to all my Bos 4 boots over and over..AGAIN

DB9

eek.gif

------------------
VIVA LAS VEGAS!

DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS [No thanks to Propaganda - BLAH!]

Thanks for spending your hard earned cash on a rock show. ~ Bono, Houston, 4-2-01

i wonder...

well the Who were good and the whole concert in general was wonderful

------------------
but for the grace of love I'd will the meaning of heaven from above...

very funny MIB

damn, don't those girls know he's mine?
biggrin.gif

*is insanely jealous as usual*

------------------
but for the grace of love I'd will the meaning of heaven from above...

i just heard that U2 is now in Europe, why???

"a family problem"

doesn't sound good, plus ali's father was at the show Friday, which seems odd

I hope nothing serious is wrong

Back
Top Bottom