NO MORE FILLER SONGS (speculation season has begun)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ouizy

Rock n' Roll Doggie
You all love these songs and I do not like them, thus you will hate me.

I have been trying to think of a new post to write as, well, it seems to be a bit slow here these days, so I will join in the "new record speculation crew."

I do not want any filler songs.

Of course I am with you in thinking that any note of music that U2 creates is better than any other thing anyone else has ever recorded, but I just feel like sometimes they drop the ball.

On ATYCLB for instance they rock you in the beginning with E, BD, SIAMYCGOO, K, and IALW, but towards the end with When I look, Peace, etc. I just kind of, well lose interest.

This can also kind of be said per Achtung with Acrobat, Love is Blindness and some others.

Many people love these songs. I, however do not. I would love a record that rocks from the beginning to the end without giving up ground or slowing down. I think the band has it in them and from the feel of the Elevation tour, the energy is up.

I want a new U2 record so filled with hard riffs and screams that my headphones pop off my ears, my amp blows a fuse, and my speakers burst.

Give me the energy of New Years Day, the meaning of One Tree Hill, and the howls of Elevation.

Bottle that - put it into 12 songs, and make the volume go to 11...

That is all I ask for, you think it is too much???

Yes. Too much.

No one can make an album where EVERYONE love EVERY SONG. That's simply impossible.

Personally, I loved every song on ATYCLB except Grace.

Originally posted by Humbucker:
Yes. Too much.

No one can make an album where EVERYONE love EVERY SONG. That's simply impossible.

Exactly. U2 doesnt put a song on an album they think is a filler. They put on their albums what they feel are the good tunes. Alot of people dont feel the same way about some of their songs as they do (obviously). But I dont think there has been an album made where every single person liked every single song on it. I think U2 have come close twice (Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby) but that is my opinion. Alot of people would completely disagree.

Its the same thing with the setlist complaints. Everyone has a different setlist they would like. But the bottom line is U2 will play what they feel like playing and what THEY feel works the best.

When you think about how many songs they record that AREN'T released, I'm sure they don't consider any of the songs on their albums "filler" and nor do I. I may like some more than others, but there's no filler!

------------------
"We're one, but we're not the same..."

http://U2Baby.com

All Killer, No Filler, was a good album title used by a stupid band.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

Originally posted by wertsie:
Ah, I was just thinking about that! What band was that? Can't remember.

sum 41. please let us never speak of them again. an ajax embarrassment.

oh when is my U2 album coming out btw? does anyone know?

[This message has been edited by kobayashi (edited 04-17-2002).]

Originally posted by kobayashi:
sum 41. please let us never speak of them again. an ajax embarrassment.

oh when is U2 album coming out btw? does anyone know?

Ugh..All you ever hear about those guys is, "Oh, we're from Canada!" Big deal! But can you play? No? Okay, so shut up!

lmao...One of my bro's friends was all excited because the lead singer cuts his own hair. Yeah, it looks like it too!

------------------
"We're one, but we're not the same..."

http://U2Baby.com

Originally posted by ouizy:
You all love these songs and I do not like them, thus you will hate me.

I have been trying to think of a new post to write as, well, it seems to be a bit slow here these days, so I will join in the "new record speculation crew."

I do not want any filler songs.

Of course I am with you in thinking that any note of music that U2 creates is better than any other thing anyone else has ever recorded, but I just feel like sometimes they drop the ball.

On ATYCLB for instance they rock you in the beginning with E, BD, SIAMYCGOO, K, and IALW, but towards the end with When I look, Peace, etc. I just kind of, well lose interest.

This can also kind of be said per Achtung with Acrobat, Love is Blindness and some others.

Many people love these songs. I, however do not. I would love a record that rocks from the beginning to the end without giving up ground or slowing down. I think the band has it in them and from the feel of the Elevation tour, the energy is up.

I want a new U2 record so filled with hard riffs and screams that my headphones pop off my ears, my amp blows a fuse, and my speakers burst.

Give me the energy of New Years Day, the meaning of One Tree Hill, and the howls of Elevation.

Bottle that - put it into 12 songs, and make the volume go to 11...

That is all I ask for, you think it is too much???

I agree for the most part with your sentiments, I would love to see U2 make a real rock record which they really haven't done since War. However, umm, Acrobat is one of the few Rock songs that U2 has done recently. At least IMO. And allt hesongs you hate of ATYCLB and AB, I freakin love!!! Different strokes for different fokes...

------------------
Don't let the bastards grind you down.

Zooropa FTP

OMG! If Love is Blindness is "filler" than I pray for an ENTIRE album of filler!

smile.gif

------------------
The Macphisto Society
Being Bad Never Looked So Good

With my teeth at your back
And my tongue to tell you the sweetest lies

Great!

These are the responses I expected and wanted, I am just a little surprised there were not more people who focused on my point that it would be great to have a hard rocking album from start to finish vs. them liking the slower songs.

I love most of the slower songs, hell All I Want is You is one of the bands finest songs, MLK is wonderful, and Mothers of the Disappeared could be the most emotional song they have recorded, I just sometimes wonder about other songs, and how they made the cut.

So yes, it is obvioulsy too much to ask for the band to record an album of songs that I like or want, I just think they are at their finest when the songs are more raw and loud.

Ouizy<---flamed as always.

Originally posted by ouizy:

I like the "fillers" you mention (except maybe POE), and I adore U2's tender moments, and every note and lyric on AB beginning to end, and I am not a fan who has strong feelings against any of their work--I'm a happy fan that way--but I have to admit it's the high energy intensity of their loud R&R songs that really get me going. Yes, give me Running, All I Want is You, Acrobat and Love is Blindness, but also give me more BD, Elevation, Bullet, Until the End of the World and The Fly. Many more like that, please, so we can give some of these others a li'l rest until we yearn and demand to hear them again.
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom