No love for the fun songs...?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Numb1075 said:
the light, happy songs are just as great as the deep, touching ones.

Don't foget about Numb....I think they had some fun with that one as well. "Hey guys, lets make our first single as whacky as possible, people won't even be able to tell it's U2. Edge, why don't you mumble for 4 minutes.....while we're at it, let's make a video where we all get to shove our feet in Edge's face.":wink:

Thats Genius

Pero said:

Elevation is crowd song, to lift the moral and atmosphere to another level, that's why Elevation and Vertigo should be openers.

That's also why those songs are so much fun to sing in the car on the way home from work when you've had a bad day.

Can never seem to come in at the right time on the "a mole digging in a hole" part. :der: Makes me laugh every time. :giggle:

I think Some Days Are Better Than Others also qualifies as a 'fun song.'

But my favorite of the all is still

EL-EH-VAY-SHAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWNNNNN!!!!!!!!

(whoo-oo)

Fuck Elevation and fuck those who-hoos. Every band has its bad moment and that video(and the fuckin' who-hoos) was U2's. Don't do that again, U2.
Great fun songs:
Discotheque
Solid fun songs:
Vertigo
Desire
Some Days Are Better Than Others
Numb
Bad fun songs:
Trip Through Your Wires
oh, did I mention Elevation?

Man, what's with all the Elevation hatin'? Elevation is great, especially live. Brilliant opener, good song to get energized to... and it's hella fun to sing along to. I sing it in Chemistry class every other day with my friends... there's nothin' like a bunch of high-pitched "WOOOOHOOOOOOOs" to make people look at you like you're insane. :)

That said, Vertigo kicks the shite out of Elevation. Discotheque is one of the best songs ever made in my very biased opinion... prolly my third favourite U2 song ever. It's the song that got me into the band in the first place... fucking brilliant. Of course, it's not just a fun song, but that's one of the many reasons why it rules.

Hey so, how 'bout...MIAMI?! :D I don't get why everyone hates this song. I love Miami. Ultimate fun rock U2. I love fun rock U2. Not every song has to be deep or meaningful...

I am astonished at all these Elevation haters, myself AtomicBono!

I love it! I love singing along to it. Always did&still do, every time i hear it! Can't resist! It's so wonderfully bouncy&fun to me! But maybe that's because i can be such a childish&silly girl!!

WHOOOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!Sing along now everyone!!!!

A former co-worker once came to my cubicle wondering what I was playing when I first started listening to ATYCLB at work. She was wondering what ghost songs I was listening too since the woo-hoos were louder and were the only thing she could hear of the song. I had to turn it down lower captian. :laugh:

I always figured Bono had been reading childrens books to his kids when he was putting together lyrics for the All That.... album. I mean "a mole digging in a hole", "monkeys swinging through the trees, stealing honey from a swarm of bees." Man, thats Winnie the Poo. So I find it sort of endearing. Just my theory of course..:wink:

Back
Top Bottom