no "i can see for miles" on Chicago Vertigo DVD???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Clawgrabber

War Child
Los Angeles, California (There Is No End To Love)
I was looking on u2wanderer.org and reading the legal/liner notes to the new U2 DVD, http://www.u2wanderer.org/disco/vid011.html

and it credits billy corgan for Bullet With Butterfly Wings, but there is no mention of "I Can See For Miles" or The Who or Daltry/Townsend or anything like it...

checking the setlists filmed (chicago 5.9 and 5.10) it seems they only played "i can see for miles (snippet)" for the 5.9 show...

i am really disappointed (well, to an extent. Obviously I am still pumped about the DVD). But to me the Bullet/I can see for miles combo is the best version of The Electric Co that U2 has ever com up with...

i hope the site is wrong. It seems like I remember seeing a credit for that song on another site for inclusion on the dvd...

i can hope...

I was at both shows--- Bullet With Butterfly Wings was played as the snippet at each show. It was incredible--I liked it more than the "I can see for miles" snippet I"ve heard in bootlegs...being that Smashing Pumpkins are a Chicago band, the crowd just ate it up.

I'm hoping that it's mainly the 5/10 performance that makes the cut. U2 was much more "on" that night and I wanna see myself in the front row. :wink:

It will be a little shame if its not on the DVD.....I'm looking forward very much to seeing the Electric Co.
Its the Vertigo tour version of what Until The End Of The World was for me on Elevation.

bono_man2002 said:
It will be a little shame if its not on the DVD.....I'm looking forward very much to seeing the Electric Co.
Its the Vertigo tour version of what Until The End Of The World was for me on Elevation.

Yeah I can't wait either. When Bono went on his little tantrum during the solo, he leaned down toward my buddy and I and threw water right in our faces. We were baptised by Bono and I hope it made the final cut! On a side note, it's very weird to make eye contact with your idol during one of your favorite songs ever...

I presume it's because they have to pay royalties for anything they include in the DVD which isn't theirs.

I'm pretty sure a song was missed off the sydney Zoo tv concert for exactly the same reason.

Back
Top Bottom