@@NO AUSSIE TOUR CONFIRMED TONIGHT@@

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_man

Thom's Bitch
hey all,

Well, Rosa, Christina and I have just come from outside the Clarence (U2 stalking..hehe).
Didnt exactly meet the group but we did meet Paul McGiuness. My first question...why no Aussie tour??? His answer...our dollar is too bad and they'd have to charge fans far too much to make up budget. So there it is guys...straight from the horses mouth
frown.gif
oh well...

Cheers
Jon

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimsom sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."

Well, you know, it's only people with strong currencies that count you know.
rolleyes.gif
I don't like to criticize U2, but from the get-go, even from the album, it's been apparent that this foray was to generate quick cash. I can probably excuse it due to the fact that both Zoo TV and PopMart were both very expensive tours, so they just wanted something easy this time around, maybe so they can fund better stuff for the future. Let's hope, however, that this current trend doesn't last long.

Melon

------------------
?Confused by thoughts, we experience duality in life. Unencumbered by ideas, the enlightened see the one reality.? - Hui-neng (638-713)

[This message has been edited by melon (edited 09-01-2001).]

Thanks for the info Bono_Man.
If that's the reason then I will just have to get used to the fact that I will never see them. It's pretty depressing really for a relatively new, but passionate and devoted fan. I'll have to start thinking about using my Citibank Visa points for some extended travelling. I never thought that I would consider going overseas to see a rock band, but U2 have changed my life in a most extraordinary way!

Pamela

----------------------

and on the eighth day God created U2

**kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick**
that's me kicking myself for not being in Ireland this very second. IF I had known earlier they would give us a miss,IF I had made the connection between 20, 20 &40,IF I knew they were going to have soccer on the big screen at Slane2 AND that Father Dougall was going to allow Bono to sing My Lovely Horse...IF! IF! IF! only. hmmm that felt alright
**kick kick kick kick kick**

Hello bono_man, did you see my other post about Brisbane? I was there last Thursday and went to my fave collectible music store and asked after a U2 book. The guy said , don't have that one but these just came in.About 6 laminated U2 posters. I imagined some BrisU2fan peeling them off the wall to raise funds for Slane. Was it you?
Something else I regret, I told the guy naw, I don't have wall space but he said , this one is special and insisted on showing me. Now I wish I had bought it!!
**kick kick kick kick kick**
Ist day of Spring here yesterday. It got off to a good start, some rain ,lotsa sunshine .Enjoy the rest of your travels BM.

Cass you must stop kicking yourself, your sure to grow a bruise!

I'm sad for you all not getting a tour, i sincerely hope they give you something in the future.

Paul McGuinness is a nice man to chat with everyone the way he does, I spoke with him in Atlanta and was suprised at how open he can be.

This is very unfair, even though I have seen U2 twice before on their last tours, I really wanted to see this tour, I dont think I can come here anymore, being put to torture and reading posts from people who are going to be able to see them again- this is not fair, I really dont like U2 at the moment
frown.gif

hey peoples,

your right z edge, paul mcg is great to chat to. he didnt beat around the bus and give me an answer i wanted to hear, he was very open and genuine. a lovely man....still pissed off though!!

i hope you enjoyed my home town cass. its a nice ol' place!
smile.gif

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimsom sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."

Back
Top Bottom