No airplay for WITS?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Utoo

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
I listen to the radio on the ride to and from work each day, and I think I've only heard Window in the Skies two or three times. It doesn't seem to be catching fire like Sweetest Thing did. Either that, or I'm just missing it whenever it's played.

Does WITS get any airtime by you?

I've heard it once. That's it. And I go on the bus frequently every day.

103.7 in Seattle has been playing it. I think 107.7 did at first, but I couldn't tell you if they're still playing it.

I haven't heard it yet, but I sometimes glance through the recently played tracks on one of my favorite radio station's web sites, and I see WITS often.

I hear it a few times a day. On Norn Ireland's favourite radio station, Cool FM. :cool:

Plenty of airplay here in the Netherlands. Not surprising as it's currently the #1 single in the country. :up:

I've never heard it, but the only U2 songs our DJs are aware exist are Streets and Still Haven't Found :huh: I heard Electrical Storm played more than all the songs from HTDAAB combined (and I heard ES maybe five times). It's funny because they always talk about random U2 news and even made a big deal about the latest book. I almost called to ask if they were aware that a new single was released or if they're quite content playing the same two annoying Fray songs on repeat, but why bother? :rolleyes:

fear_nothing said:
be tween that and the station's odd fixation with Mysterious Ways

nice one :drool:

Last time i heard it on the radio was in December.
And my brother saw the version 1 video on tv , Saturday.

i've said it before...washington DC loves some u2.

im not a big radio guy but i've heard it a number of times.

Earnie Shavers said:
I've heard it a couple of times over the past couple of weeks here (across a few stations).

I should add that I hear Saints about 4-5 times a day. So Window twice in two weeks, Saints I think 3 times just today.

I'm in heaven: :angel:
WITS>not quite as much as Saints, but morning & night) The Saints Are Coming (Live) is played morning, afternoon and night here in Mobile, AL. Even the DJ's were all singing it today. But we have a lot of New Orlean Saints fans here and the Saints are in the(US football) playoffs. One more game (win.. "da Bears) this Sunday and they are going to the Superbowl. :drool:
But the great thing is our station, 92 ZEW, love's U2. Today I heard Bad, Who's gonna ride..horses, :drool: The sweetest thing, and at lunch I heard Seconds. I actually hate to turn off the radio, for the first time in a long time..
ps.. 92ZEW (92.1)is independent, still.. my request are in, of course..:wink:

I hear WITS all the time here, on several radio stations. They did not play Saints very much and I don't think I have ever heard the Saints live version on radio. But this morning they played the Kylie Bono Kids duet from Sydney, much to my surprise and delight!

I've heard wits once on radio I think. It could of course be that I don't listen to radio very much, but I think I've heard Saints about 10 times. So based purely on my experience saints is doing better than wits over here, and I have to say that it surprises me. I would have put my money on wits:)

Seems to be played a lot on BBC Radio 2, at least hearing it twice a day. They had no/little play of Saints though.

Back
Top Bottom