NLOTH FULL ALBUM - Shamelessly Immediate Review Thread (DISCUSSION ONLY)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say this album rips the last two albums. Musically and sonically.
Even boots stands out now. Damn.

Zooropa and Achtung Baby are back!

Maybe even Unforgettable Fire!

This album definatly has a power to it that would seem to make it a classic on early listening....its definatly making me sweat in a good way!

Where are the haters? :hyper:
Heck, there are nuts here who hate UF, AB, JT, Zooropa and Pop.
Someone must hate it.
Not interested in hearing venomous attacks but constructive criticism would be
interesting.

So far its awesome...not real crazy about Unknown Caller first listen...I'm sure it will grow on me...on I'll Go Crazy if I Don't Go Crazy Tonight...lovin' it!! :heart:

So far it's the most un u2 song I have ever heard...so off beat ...so uneasily accessable...like u2 saying FU...amazing really

...so far I feel I am being transported to some place I haven't been...which is all I ask of U2.

I second that... like this is the album that came out in 1995ish instead of Passengers...

thanks to the obsessive website checkers who found this & spread it... I have the deluxe on order, but I think I'll buy the vinyl too, just to pass it onto my son

i just finished class and got home. sat down at my computer. logged on here. now there is semen EVERYWHERE.

NLOTH :drool:
Magnificent is kicking in now... spoofing round 2.

spew8.jpg

Just got up. Surprised this is here....and excited for the day. No shameless review yet, but I wanted to say THANK YOU to all of you for being so generous. I will always remember the early 2009 blue crack whenever I look at the NLOTH disc. Hope you all have a great day/night!

Fuck I'm a cynic, I hated Sexy boots. But I gotta hand it to U2, I've only listened to Magnificent so far, and they have certainly redeemed themselves. Can't wait for the rest :up:

Where are the haters? :hyper:
Heck, there are nuts here who hate UF, AB, JT, Zooropa and Pop.
Someone must hate it.
Not interested in hearing venomous attacks but constructive criticism would be
interesting.

I think we have to actually finish the album first. The very first people who got the album probably have had 10 minutes to think about it. :lol:

White As Snow is so far my least favorite on the album. Not bad, and I'll probably have to be in the mood to listen to it in the future (as in after the crazy period ends)...

and Breathe!!!!! :drool: :hyper:

The same as Joshua Tree these songs feel like they bring you to the landscape or the feeling of what the song is trying to portray....thats what makes White as Snow good you can just see the landscape....it just takes you to a place.

White As Snow is unnecessary.

There, I said it. I have 20 seconds left on the song, there's an absurd quick opinion! :huh::wink:

It might be the best U2 album for my ears. Its got Passengers abstractness with Joshua Tree epicness.

I don't know if it's a "Best U2 Album" contender for me but it sounds like an album, not a collection of songs. It sounds great on earphones.
It transports me in a way HTDAAB and even Pop and ATYCLB didn't.
I like that it's not too linear. That some of the lyrics sound spacy and disjointed and others are very organic.
It sounds like u2 in the very best way.
It's All That You Can't Leave Behind with better songs and better production. and I like ATYCLB.

Waaayyyy too soon to rank it in the U2 cannon. I haven't heard the last
three songs yet. :drool:

No Line: Much better than the 2nd version, I'm relieved, love the solo thing towards the end.

Magnificent: Halfway through I'm thinking how this one song is ten times better than everything on HTDAAB, and I like Bomb. It just seems to flow, there is nothing forced about it, nothing awkward, everything is in its right place...

MOS: Awesome harmonies on the chorus, sounds like a country gospel tune.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom