NLOTH Album Reviews Pt 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And the other review from one of the girls who was with her (how on earth did they get the honour?) :

No Line On The Horizon - amazing - vocals wow

Magnificent - opening drum beats OMG - Larry is on fire - Bass wow - Edge of old

Moment of Surrender - eerie - calming - bass haunting - vocals with Edge/Bono sounding better than ever - Edge you can hear Daniel Lanois influence

Unknown Caller - Birds - starts out well, seems to get a little lost with the lyrics and the music half way through but does get better

I'll Go Crazy - very different - bit of a mish mash at times but I liked it. Bono is sounding fantastic

Get On Your Boots - well you have all heard it but jaysus they put it in the right spot on this album that is for sure

Stand Up Comdey - wow the Bass Man cometh - their is a familiar riff in there just cannot put my finger on it, its like I have heard it before

FEZ/Being Born - very very different, Morrocan influence for sure - start goes all over the place, the BOOM away we go - love this one

White As Snow - starts with Piano, maybe Bono playing he has been taking lessons?? - slow but rises with lyrics - Bono's voice - Edges guitar stuck out in this one

Breathe - opens with Larry drums and again wow and bass woot!! then edge comes in - this is the one with Cockatoo in it lol - There is a guitar in the middle that is just so amazing that both G and I looked at each other and it just blew us away.

Cedars of Lebanon - speaking then vocals then, I am not sure of this one, thought Iggy Poppish?? but then someone else said though Jim Moririson, verdict is out on this one.

There was one lyric that stuck in my head and for the life of me I cannot remember which song but it was:

"Got a head like a lit cigarette"

All the new reviews sound great, thanks a lot :up:

Listening to the short clips, I immediatly thought of the resemblance between MOS and Your Blue Room. I also feel this is the eerie guitar piece from the Dallas clip.

Love what I've read so far, also the lyrics.

Come on, I would seriously start worrying for Bono if he didn't use the word knee or kneel at least once.

:wink:

lol. hopefully he just doesn't use it to the degree that he did on the last album. i think he said "knees" or "kneel" in 4 songs last album. it didn't really bother me too much until even casual fans started pointing it out.

And the last review from the 3 girls:

No Line On The Horizon - BAM! Screaming Bono! Beautiful melody, good ups and downs. KILLER!!!
Magnificent - Nice drumming into, goes a bit electro then builds. LARRY!!! Classic Bono singing. Awesome!
Moment Of Surrender - Beautiful. Slower tempo. Sustained organ sounds with a laid back beat. More Bono screaming in verses, then beautiful chorus with Bono & Edge harmonising. Classic Edge guitar.
Unknown Caller - Bird noises over intro... Edge melody and cymbals. Timing changes. Need more time with Bono's verses, but like the Bono/Edge chorusy bits. More organs then classic Edge. Organs to finish. (side note; I was so blown away by Moment of Surrender that Unknown Caller kinda got forgotten in my excitment)
I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight - Lots going on, but "It's not a hill it's a mountain as you start out the climb" soars. Do I hear cello???
Get On Your Boots - Perfectly positioned! Love it!!! From now on, everytime I hear it, I'm gonna think of the three of us singing along, especially the "Let me in the sound" bit! :eek:)
Stand Up Comedy - More strong drumming, flows straight on from Boots. Solid guitar.
FEZ/Being Born - Moroccan market type noises. "Let me in the sound..." Slow and melodic, then sudden change in tempo. Gels better on second listen.
White As Snow - Piano notes chiming. Slow guitar. (Sorry Mary, it's a beautiful song, but I just didn't have the words to describe it)
Breathe - Mish mash builds. Classic guitar riffs. Lots of words, half shouted. "Cockatoo"!!! Cello again??? I'm probably WAY off here, but for some reason I was thinking The Beatles...
Cedars Of Lebanon - Misty, ambient intro. Spoken vocals. Leonie thought Iggy Pop, someone else thought Jim Morrison. Me? I'm gonna drag an odd one out here, but I thought Whipping Boy "We Don't Need Nobody Else" *runs away embarrassed as everyone starts pointing and laughing*

great to finally have some new reviews up... Looks like all of Australia will have listened to the album before the release via those listening partys!

Cedars Of Lebanon - Misty, ambient intro. Spoken vocals. Leonie thought Iggy Pop, someone else thought Jim Morrison. Me? I'm gonna drag an odd one out here, but I thought Whipping Boy "We Don't Need Nobody Else" *runs away embarrassed as everyone starts pointing and laughing*

Alright, so I'm not the only person on earth who knows that song??

Whipping boy were not bad, IMHO. One of their b-sides was a version of their single "when we were young", with a spoken word monologue over the original backing track, a bit similar to "We don't need nobody else".

Alright, so I'm not the only person on earth who knows that song??

Whipping boy were not bad, IMHO. One of their b-sides was a version of their single "when we were young", with a spoken word monologue over the original backing track, a bit similar to "We don't need nobody else".

Heartworm is an amazing album. Criminally overlooked. Check out Twinkle on youtube :)

this needs to just leak already :angry:

I went over to U2.com looked at Zootopia ...after their(the girls) review of the album...what I found to be very helpful is she said quote "it's wonderful and those 30 second clips give you ALMOST NOTHING.....be prepared to go on the journey and know that it will take many listens to absorb" :up::up::up:

I went over to U2.com looked at Zootopia ...after their(the girls) review of the album...what I found to be very helpful is she said quote "it's wonderful and those 30 second clips give you ALMOST NOTHING.....be prepared to go on the journey and know that it will take many listens to absorb" :up::up::up:

Me likes the sound of that! :hyper:

Those reviews on U2.com have got me more excited than ever. It's so refreshing to not have any idea what these songs will sound like, (I haven't listened to the 30 second clips).

Someone asked her "have they(U2) gone away from playing it safe...gone away from tracks like Walk On,Elevation,Peace On Earth,Miracle Drug,City Of Blinding Lights"

one of the girls said...."nothing safe...nothing like those tracks"
the other girl said........"that would be a big resounding YES!!"

they got to listen to it twice and afterward felt like babies deprived of candy :D

How can I live with this anxiety? :sad:

I'm gonna die the day it leaks. I'm about to press play and, goodbye Tyagu thank god you're dead! :sad:

I'm gonna have an heart attack, Really!!! :mad:

And I guess....maybe this has been mentioned before but they said Austraila now gets NLOTH on Feb. 27th...same day as Ireland.....damn Aussies :D

I respect the opinions of regular fans more than professional critics :up:

Someone asked her "have they(U2) gone away from playing it safe...gone away from tracks like Walk On,Elevation,Peace On Earth,Miracle Drug,City Of Blinding Lights"

one of the girls said...."nothing safe...nothing like those tracks"
the other girl said........"that would be a big resounding YES!!"

they got to listen to it twice and afterward felt like babies deprived of candy :D

I hear a bit of Walk On/Elevation/Stuck in a Moment/Kite/Beautiful Day in Crazy Tonight & Stand Up Comedy.

My favorite quote has got to be from this guy(MacFoley) over on Zootopia who has a lot of posts....he asked one of the girls about the album "and on the heavy and dense?...like bands like Tool?...almost like progressive metal? "

how does someone even ask that kind of a question? :doh:

and she says..... "not that heavy mac but heavier than other U2"

Back
Top Bottom