Night in, favourite concert audio

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2opra

War Child
Okay, so I am really craving for a nice U2 concert listening experience, and there's so much to choose from! So to make it easier, I will ask, if you got a evening to yourself, what concert would you listen to?

:)

Not to sound like a broken record because I always talk about this show, but Rotterdam 1/10/90. If that were an official release, it'd be my favorite album of all-time.

Though I haven't listened to the Irving Plaza gig in a while... another great one to listen to all the way through.

PopMart Santiago or London, 2001-08-21. But then I rather watch them.
Another choice to watch would be Johannesburg.
I also like Syracuse from Joshua Tree, but as far as I'm concerned some tend to disagree. :wink:

Lovetwon concerts are a great choice either, for example the Dublin gigs. And I've got a DVD from Lovetown Dortmund. :)

Kiel from ZooTV would be another choice of mine.

Elevation Chicago 5-16-01. Lots of Achtung Baby and a very loose show. Not perfect, but a very good listen (as far as sound quality)...

Nate Dogg said:
Elevation Chicago 5-16-01. Lots of Achtung Baby and a very loose show. Not perfect, but a very good listen (as far as sound quality)...

I actually think the 5-15-01 Chicago show is a better performance. I was at both, and while the setlist shake up at 5-16 was cool, the performance was kind of flat.

Vertigo I'm partial to 10-25-05 Detroit, best show I saw on Vertigo (better than all 6 Chicago shows IMO), great setlist pacing and a solid performance. Quality most likely the London 05 almost complete broadcast (missing 3 songs).

Dublin (12-26) Lovetown
Dublin Zoo TV
Santiago Popmart
Chicago (9-20) Vertigo
LA Joshua Tree
Chicago UF
Red Rocks War
Boy Berlin
Elevation ... I'm not a big fan of the tour but go 3rd leg for your best bets

Any of the Dublin Lovetown gigs, but especially 1989-12-26.

1981-11-04, Berlin is pretty sweet too.

Allanah said:
Not to sound like a broken record because I always talk about this show, but Rotterdam 1/10/90. If that were an official release, it'd be my favorite album of all-time.

:yes: Completely agree, great sound quality, great performance, best final night of any tour in my opinion.

In terms of DVD's I love watching Washington 92 and Santiago 98, both great nights and two of my all time favourites.

phillyfan26 said:
That's the one I was trying to name. :drool:

11 O'Clock Tick Tock with three solos. :rockon:

If it weren't for Red Rocks, I'd say that's the definitive version of 11OTT.

Though that was an October Tour show, not Boy Tour.

COBL_04 said:
I've never heard you mention that before!!

Yeah, I figured I'd give the whole ZooTV/Popmart/Elevation fanladishness a rest and mention another tour for a change. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom