Night and Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wouldn't say I'm disappointed, but I think it's a beautiful song...very sensual...such a gorgeous cover song.

good point, salome. but i still wish it was on there. prolly my favorite cover that they have ever done

Me too Fritzy
That and Dancin Barefoot.

I hope they include it too Panty Boy ;)
I've only seen it in a teeny lil media player box on the net!

It's a good song, but....

1. It wasn't really a hit
2. It wasn't a B-Side either
3. It's also a cover (although they have included covers on the last b-sides album)

The band just couldn't really put it anywhere. Sort of like how A Celebration wasn't on the last Best Of because it wasn't really a hit and it wasn't a B-Side either.

indeed, there are several b-sides I'm disappointed over not being included, I mean I have the songs, but I'm sure there are many U2 fans who don't know of these songs or don't have them on cd, and now may never hear them

She's a Mystery to Me (w/ Roy Orbison)
I'm Not Your Baby (w/ Sinead O'Conner)
Slow Dancing
Two Shots of Happy, One Shot of Sad
Where Did It All Go Wrong
Big Girls Are Best
Holy Joe
Don't Take Your Guns to Town
I've Got You Under My Skin (w/ Sinatra)

If it wouldnt have been for KaZaA, I would have been very very disappointed.
Always liked Night and Day(as a cover) not because of the muscianship, but more because of the interpretation of the song.It's haunting and a bit scary

Now I have almost all the b-sides and to be honest its a shame they are not being released in CD format. I am keeping my fingers crossed for a box set.

:rant: (love this smiley)

I think it would have been better to put the b-sides, non-album oddities and the extra curriculam stuff such as songs from MDH on the b-sides like they did for the first volume of greatest hits. Was really looking forward to having Night and Day on cd! Other than the red hot and blue album from which Night and Day came from, is anyone aware of any other albums which U2's version appears on?

..one of my favourite B-Sides..just a shame more people won't have the opportunity to enjoy it

Not only is it, imo, U2's best cover (though it does have stiff competition) It's among my 30 favourite U2 songs of all time. Boo yeah. It just gets under your skin, and it is sooo intense and powerful and sexy and emotional, and a whole slew of other cool adjectives.

Party Boy said:
I think it would have been better to put the b-sides, non-album oddities and the extra curriculam stuff such as songs from MDH on the b-sides like they did for the first volume of greatest hits. Was really looking forward to having Night and Day on cd! Other than the red hot and blue album from which Night and Day came from, is anyone aware of any other albums which U2's version appears on?

U2's version of Night And Day is only available on Red Hot And Blue. Check it out, as it is a great album with many great Cole Porter covers.
However, a remix of Night And Day (Youth's Remix IIRC) appeared on the charity album Out Loud.

C ya!

Marty

Back
Top Bottom