Next Tour DVD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EdgeIsTooSexy

ONE love, blood, life
So theyve done boston and chicago.
U2 does alot of stuff in New York City like the surprise concert soo..what city do you think theyll shoot the next DVD in?

Philly?
I really hope so:yes:

I think should ditch the one show concept and filmed multiple nights and cities and splice them together... maybe some other footage similar to R&H

Yeah I like how they did Rattle and Hum. They should def. consider doing it that way.
I've always wanted to go to Seattle

Headache in a Suitcase said:
bring a basic filim crew to every concert and release the best one(s).

tell hamish hamilton to go F himself.

great idea
especially the last part about hamish:D
he really wants bono.

Philadelphia does have fantastic crowds (we even put up with The Who's opening night and their butchering of their new album :wink: ) but the one-night concept doesn't work. They've admittedly had problems filming their best nights.

They need to ditch Hamish. Badly.

How about somewhere new? Of the major, stand-alone releases, we've had the US multiple times, we've had Australia, we've had Ireland, we've had Mexico. I think it's about time they released something from South America or continental Europe.

In the U.S - New York City

Outside the U.S. - Japan, but the crowd may be a little too subdued for a DVD. Germany or Britain would be cool.

Axver said:
How about somewhere new? Of the major, stand-alone releases, we've had the US multiple times, we've had Australia, we've had Ireland, we've had Mexico. I think it's about time they released something from South America or continental Europe.

Like Milan and Buenos Aires ?

BonoVoxSupastar said:
I think should ditch the one show concept and filmed multiple nights and cities and splice them together... maybe some other footage similar to R&H

agree . :yes:

I really dislike the indoor shows on dvd , there so flat .

Live from Santiago...

:drool:

you know you'll love it.. just like Popmart, but even better, and rockier (plus, that assures us 2 shows :D )

Q

tell hamish hamilton to go F himself. [/B]

:up:

BonoVoxSupastar said:

:up:

I really hope they regonize that Hamish just don't fit to U2. Edge told in an interview lately (I think it was in the Q-Magazine) that he hasn't seen Rattle and Hum for years. He should - they all should. Such well done cutting and filming.

I love to see them in front of big crowds - so for example Barcelona with their great stadium would have been also a cool location to film..

Axver said:

How about Auckland? :wink:

Axver said:

Well, technically we got Europe with Milan DVD and S. America with U2-3D. :wink:

How about Asia this time ? U2 in Japan or *gasp* anywhere else in Asia ?

In reality, I'm thinking this time we're getting a Live: New York DVD.

Wherever they choose next it has to be a 'big' gig, the reason Sydney, Mexico and Slane work so well is because they're so huge and iconic, there really is the sense of an 'event' about them, they feel important. I think that Boston and Chicago feel too small, too enclosed, U2 have always said that their music is too big to be confined and works much better in the open air. Those shows don't feel like big events to me, they seem to be just another stop on the tour.

I think I'd like to see the next DVD live from the new Wembley Stadium, I know every artist chooses there, but it seems to be the one place U2 are determined to avoid filming at. The Popmart shows there were incredible, even Bono said they were the best of the tour, there was so much emotion and anticipation present, the band were blown away. This would make for a great concert film.

Last edited:
toscano said:
Like Milan and Buenos Aires ?

U2girl said:
Well, technically we got Europe with Milan DVD and S. America with U2-3D. :wink:

I said "major, stand alone releases". Milan was a bonus on U2:18 and U2 3D is condensed and we (well, I, at least) don't know if it will be released as an ordinary concert DVD like Slane or ZooTV Sydney and so forth.

Back
Top Bottom