Next Tour DVD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Axver said:

I said "major, stand alone releases". Milan was a bonus on U2:18 and U2 3D is condensed and we (well, I, at least) don't know if it will be released as an ordinary concert DVD like Slane or ZooTV Sydney and so forth.

I know, that is why I said "technically". I would love a full Europe/S. America show (or Asia), but I think for the foreseeable future, Milan and U2-3D will have to do. My bet is "Live in New York 2009".

:hmm: I remember people saying U2-3D will be a DVD. I don't know whether the 3D movies do get DVD releases later on though.

BonoVoxSupastar said:
I think should ditch the one show concept and filmed multiple nights and cities and splice them together... maybe some other footage similar to R&H

Dear God no! Thats what I hate about the recent DVDs. Shoot one concert and release it complete (not spliced together from multiple nights). I dont care where they film it.

1.jpg

Defo Europe. think the americas is well chronicled Video/DVD wise. My choice would obviously be Scotland, on the shores of loch ness as per above

Last edited:
Italy or Spain. And then we won't get a hopeless comatose audience ala Chicago and Boston. Check out Springsteen's Live In Barcelona DVD. Now there's a proper audience. Imagine a U2 live DVD with that sort of audience energy.

DevilsShoes said:

I think I'd like to see the next DVD live from the new Wembley Stadium, I know every artist chooses there, but it seems to be the one place U2 are determined to avoid filming at. The Popmart shows there were incredible, even Bono said they were the best of the tour, there was so much emotion and anticipation present, the band were blown away. This would make for a great concert film.

Wembley Stadium would make an excellent DVD release for U2!
It's such an amazing stadium, and like DevilsShoes says the Popmart shows were excellent there, also the ZOO TV shows there in 1993 were some of the best gigs they've ever done i think.

Mumbai, India

There would be an enormous audience, and the group has never played near the Country. Plus, if any of the equipment fails or there is a software problem tech help would be extremely easy to find!!!

u2fp

U2FanPeter said:
Mumbai, India

There would be an enormous audience, and the group has never played near the Country. Plus, if any of the equipment fails or there is a software problem tech help would be extremely easy to find!!!

u2fp

Finding someone who is paid by a large US company to "help" would be easy.

Finding someone who would actually prove useful might be a different matter.

toscano said:

Finding someone who is paid by a large US company to "help" would be easy.

Finding someone who would actually prove useful might be a different matter.

A plus side for fans would be that they could get a video bootleg of the concert on their way to the parking lot after the show!!!

I'd say South America as well. But, really is having the illusion of one solid show even a selling point to the average customer? I think people look on the back of DVD's and they want to see an outstanding song selection and extra value-added features. "Holy crap, look at all this stuff for $12.99" or whatever.

They would be crazy not to be filming stuff all along. They really could even release a whole show plus a travelogue feature that included different cities. Seems like they would be up for it per that Day in the Life of the Edge clip.

And why not expand the interactive ideas that they tried to do with Elevation? It didn't always work, but at least they're thinking in the right direction with different angles, etc.

One thing is certain: Don't blow your wad too early just to get something our for Christmas. I am willing to wait for a seasoned, rocking show with a crowd that knows how to enjoy a goddamn rock show. If that means getting out of America, that's fine with me.

BonoManiac said:

I second that. Montreal crowds are known to be excessively loud. Would be great to have a DVD-quality souvenir :up:

Hell yeah, I think Bono said it was the loudest crowd on Elevation and Vertigo tours :D

I agree that early in the first leg is no time at all 2 b filming the show. WAIT, and release the BEST show possible.

idk i think theyre pretty good with making dvds in different places.
id actually like to see some more US =)

But it should def. be like R & H and bring back PHIL JOANOU!!!!!

EdgeIsTooSexy said:
idk i think theyre pretty good with making dvds in different places.
id actually like to see some more US =)

But it should def. be like R & H and bring back PHIL JOANOU!!!!!

Yeah.

gman said:

Thats a standard bono crowd pleaser......he says it about most places they play!

I know that Bono repeats stage banter, but the soundman's noise level meter and reports from those that follow shows bear out the unusually loud volume of the crowd.

You know, they really should have just filmed the two Vertigo Auckland gigs, because with the cameras in the right positions, they could have shown the real One Tree Hill visible behind the band when they played the song One Tree Hill.

Definately Montreal. I have been to a few concerts now in that city (although not U2!! :( ) and they are soooooo loud!

Also, the Bell Centre is one of the largest indoor arenas in North America.

The multi-show idea is great. :up:

They could play in Buffalo Bill's basement and I'd still buy the damn DVD.

Why all the Hamish Hamilton hate? :huh:

And I don't mind where they film, as long as it is some place new and unique.

Back
Top Bottom