Next DVDs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mlrg

The Fly
Hi there,

I've read here a couple of months ago that a box of DVDs containing the Live at Red Rocks, Zoo TV in Sidney and Pop Mart Mexico was to be released this September.

Is this confirmed or was only speculation?

Thanks!

U2 New Zooland, normally a fairly reputable source (they were first to leak the Vertigo cover I believe) said it fairly early in the year. Hopefully sometime before Xmas... but I wouldn't hold my breath... my guess is a release next year.

If Red Rocks was complete then :drool: Also if you remember on the extras of the Boston Elevation DVD were two clips. One was the PopMart video intro and the other was the Zoo TV Sydney one. I think they were going to release them but never went through with it.

Last edited:
I think there was an article here on Interference about that some months back, in case anyone wants to dig around for it. I believe it was by some guy who knew a guy who knew a guy....

I know I'd snap it up in a second! Also rumored to be on the set would be one or more Vertigo shows, Elevation at Notre Dame, and ZooTV in Washington, DC, though the three shows that are most commonly mentioned (and more likely) are the three mentioned in the opening post---Red Rocks, ZooTV Sydney, PopMart Mexico.

I doubt ZooTV DC would be on their, cuz of Bono's spat w/ Larry and them messing up NYD

Yeah, it's not a great concert to show them at their best...! :wink: Though the huddle to figure out where the hell they are is classic!

Basically, every member of the band was playing/singing a different part of the song & they had to huddle up together for a little bit & re-count the beat to get back on track. Not their best moment!

Utoo said:
Basically, every member of the band was playing/singing a different part of the song & they had to huddle up together for a little bit & re-count the beat to get back on track. Not their best moment!

The most hilarious thing about the huddle is that as soon as Bono walks away, and it looks like everything is OK again, Edge flubs a note on the piano. Bono gets pissed off again and shakes his head...its very funny.

What was the little row Bono and Larry were having that night? It seemed to me that Larry was the only guy not screwing up...Edge messed up a few times on NYD, Adam started the whole songon a bad note by playing the into riff in the wrong key....what was teh Larry-bono thing all about?

There is some legitimate evidence to support that at least the Zoo TV Sydney video will be out on DVD soon.

Earlier this year, someone found that the Abbey Road studios site (where DVDs are sometimes mastered) had a U2 Zoo TV DVD listed as a recent project.

http://www.abbeyroad.com/
Look under the recent artists and projects section.

mlrg said:
Hi there,

I've read here a couple of months ago that a box of DVDs containing the Live at Red Rocks, Zoo TV in Sidney and Pop Mart Mexico was to be released this September.

Is this confirmed or was only speculation?

Thanks!

i've also heard about but it doesn't seem it was true! at least for an immediate release. chicago and milan will be out around christmas, i think that compendium may be released next year, as a sort of best of

Red rocks, Zoo TV Sydney and Popmart Mexico.

Also rumoured were Notre Dame from Elevation and a Dublin Lovetown DVD.

Back
Top Bottom