Next album more like Achtung Baby?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
Seeing how there is more material of AB played on this tour, and rumors of hip hop, is it possible that U2 will make an album similiar to AB? They keep talking about experimentation as the life blood of the band, and it makes me wonder, with Kayne West on their tour, is an album similar to AB possible?

I think U2 has re-invented themselves, but would make music similiar to AB, and more stripped down perhaps? But at the rate they are going, stadium tours are most likely to happen again, seeing the success of them all.

If they were truly experimenting it wouldn't be like AB, for they've already done that. The point of experimenting would be to not do what you've already done.

And what does stripped down have to do with AB?

What does Kanye West being on tour with them have to do with it being like AB?

If anything AB is the opposite of "stripped down". Anyhow, I think they are done with that phase...BRASH & LOUD is how I want it ;)

experimentation is the life blood of the band? anyone notice how the last two albums are cookie cutouts of radio friendly formulas? hah. i'm still waiting for that album that is supposedly fueled by an angry guitar player pissed off at politicians.

U2 will make a hip-hop album when Osama Bin Laden gives him self up.

The next album will be EXACTLY like Achtung Baby...look I already have the track listing

Zoo Station (Part II)
Even Better Than The Real Thing (Part II)
This Song was cool 15 years ago
One (Bono 30 minute Speech Mix)
Until The End Of The World (Part II)

you catch my drift....

The "Achtung Baby thing" has been done....as a band that dont repeat themselves (but play Vertigo twice at some concerts)...The next album will, I think, relate more so towards the previous two...It will be like what U2 want to it sound like.

And If Bono goes anymore political on us, it will be punk rock made in africa!...

stay tuned.....:|

I personally can't wait to hear Heartland (Ethiopia Mix) and One Tree Hill (But We Meant Kilamanjaro Mix). :hyper:

Se7en said:
experimentation is the life blood of the band? anyone notice how the last two albums are cookie cutouts of radio friendly formulas? hah. i'm still waiting for that album that is supposedly fueled by an angry guitar player pissed off at politicians.

Yeah, I was expecting a punk-rock type, Linkin Park, Green Day type album.

Unfortunately, I don't see U2 making another album that will blow your mind, i.e. Achtung Baby, Zooropa... They will continue to make another album that deals with serious topics like world poverty. I'm guessing they are working on a tribute song to New Orleands, much like CoBL was to NYC. That's not to say it won't be a bad album. Don't get me wrong, I love ATYCLB and HTDAAB.

You know....I'm gonna laugh when U2 does make another album that blows everyone's mind, just because everyone doubts it so much, I dont' even know if I'll be able to listen to the album, simply because I'll be laughing so hard.

bono_212 said:
You know....I'm gonna laugh when U2 does make another album that blows everyone's mind, just because everyone doubts it so much, I dont' even know if I'll be able to listen to the album, simply because I'll be laughing so hard.

I dont doubt that U2 can still make another "mind blowing" album...some may say that HTDDAB and ATYCLB are that exactly....

If its gonna be mind blowing, it wont sound anything like Achtung Baby, it will be "dream't up again" and be as great as Achtung in a diffrent way.

If you make sense of the bull shit I say :|

From the sounds of some of the left over stuff from HTDAAB love you like mad, mercy etc. i think they were trying to go that way and decided against it. The songs on bomb that could have easily fitted that kind of album are obvious aswell love and peace, city of blinding lights(left over from the pop sessions if i'm not mistaken) and one step closer wouldn't have been out of place but i think bono really wanted sometimes on there and they went for the mainstream sell instead

let's be honest. no one knows what the new album will sound like, not even U2

It will not be hip hop rap oriented:huh:

Best guess, safest guess is that it will sound like HTDAAB w/ some AB sprinkled in

Back
Top Bottom