News From U2Log

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maro_chik

Refugee
"Steve Lillywhite, in a chirpy mood, told Aaron he was ?really enjoying the recording? and that he had been with the band since March. This week the band have been doing ?lyric recordings?. Lillywhite was especially pleased ?because we finished the single yesterday.? (June 15th)."

More at u2log.com.

Yay! :hyper:

Also you left out:

. Aaron writes: ?Speaking to Edge he confirmed that the band would complete the album ?by the end of June - first week of July at latest?. [ ? ] When I asked Edge if this would be the last album they would record there, he said that it may not be because ?it wasn?t expected to be knocked down for another two or three years yet.??

this also might indicate another album within a couple of years (Ala Zooropa 93' after AB in 91). people were speculating some time back that this might be their swan song. so from where i sit, that Edge quote sounds promising

Also left out this....?:

Aaron further reports Bono drove up to the studio in a Maserati. A car to suit Bono?s new career as a venture capitalist? He stopped to sign autographs, but did not speak to the fans as he was on the phone.

Through the open studio windows fans could hear playback for a full two minutes of ?a song which had no vocals but was very upbeat and rocking in a similar vein to Beautiful Day/ Electrical Storm.?

I thought they were mixing? Now they recording vocals? Thats 2 COMPLETELY different stages in recording. November may be in jeopardy.

MrBrau1 said:
I thought they were mixing? Now they recording vocals? Thats 2 COMPLETELY different stages in recording. November may be in jeopardy.

I think they can do these things at the same time.
The one who will mix is not the singer. And they can be mixing already recordered songs.

Or even only mixing the instruments. :eyebrow:

Vocals maybe is the faster thing to record. The melody is done, so probably the lyrics. Sing BONO.

(I don't know nothing about a recording process...)

If Edge said they will finish in the end of June or start of July i believe. :wink:

MrBrau1
"Speaking to Edge he confirmed that the band would complete the album ?by the end of June - first week of July at latest?

They can mix and record at the same time, it's all a manner in which the entire recording has been mixed and recorded.
The first single is mixed, perhaps other songs are mixed maybe they are working on 3 or 4 or however many but it certainly doesn't mean that November is in jeopardy.

MrBrau1 said:

I've been in a studio with a band recording their album before, and while mixing one song for finalization, they were also having to do multiple vocal takes to make sure they had all their bases covered. This band also would record vocals AND mix the song all at the same time.

It's quite possible that the "mixing" that was previously spoken of was indeed the orchestration of the album's instruments, and not the final mix of the entire album. And now thusly, is the time when vocals are being mixed in with the instruments.

:shrug:

I think U2 do things ass backwards. They put background vocals on Playboy Mansion while they were mastering it. Ass backwards.

I went to music recording school for 2 years and how it works (for most bands) is you come into the studio and they record the drums and the bass first. (Remember this is if the band has all their songs already practiced) Then when the bed tracks are done (bass and drums) then the rythmn guitar is recorded. Then any second or third guitars and last you record lead guitars. Then the vocalist comes in and records his vocals and any harmonies are also recorded.

After all that is done (it is called recording tracks) they then go into the mixing stage which is pretty well what it sounds like trying to pan the instruments to make it all sound good.

The final stage is called mastering and they usually send it out to some pros who have special equipment to make it radio friendly.

If Bono is doing vocals now then they have not actually finished the intial tracking process and like others have said they are doing both tasks at the same time. This makes me happy cause I want Bono to spend time getting the vocals perfect and not a rush job.

MrBrau1 you are correct U2 does things azzbackwardz!! But they always have. ATYCLB wasn't finished until late June/early July of 2000 and it was in the stores on 10/31 of the same year. No worries, really.

There is an article from mid-June 2000 on atU2.com and Edge said that they were still recording ATYCLB at that time.

I agree with Reggie, as usual. No worries.

This is all good. Hope it's not overmastered like Beautiful Day or Walk On.
Still great songs to me, but something a little more raw similar to a live perfomance would be great to hear.

Some "All Because of You" news from U2eastlink.com.
Can someone here speak Spanish and translate the entire article?
It is on u2eastlink.com/noticias. Then you click the latest Dublin link.
Seems that the song is a mixture of "Won't Get Fooled Again" and the ending guitar of "Electrical Storm". Very interesting.

Back
Top Bottom