News from the radio...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bathiu

Refugee
Hi, I'm new here...

I was listening to the radio... and the man spoke about the new album...

I was ready for some realy NEW news, but he said: "Solar" in March...

In any other situation I would just smile to myself thinking about this old rumor...
...but this is the most reliable(sp?) radio station when it comes to music news...
So i think they must heve checked averything... they never repeat unchecked rumors...

Do you remember all this "keeping the momentum" talk after the tour?
Maybe there is realy everything finished for a long time now...

I'm confused...

Do you think that maybe we all have been fooled? What if Solar is the title of the up coming album. What if what we saw originally was just early works of the album art and that it leaked and U2 were afraid they didn't want unfinished material out there like what happened with the Electical Storm demo so they decided just to say that it wasn't the real deal while just telling those who showed it to keep it hush hush. They could have been scared that the direction of the album and style could change from now till March so they didn't want all that out now.

No way it's a crap name and was a crap album cover that Averill & Co would never had produced.

Actually, that would be kind of funny and the title has a nice sound to it!
I'd like a title that reflects the vitality and energy we will probobly hear from the album. Something that makes you think movement or velocity or momentum. Solar would kinda work for this, like solar powered???

something with these words or phrases come to mind:
-fueled
-360 revolutions
-kinetic
-velocity
-Verb

I like just using the word verb, instead of choosing an actual verb, i thought that was kinda neat!

not ruff enough though! hmm..... I wonder what the boys will come up with!????

Last edited:
maybe the cover was a hoax, but the title wasn't. after all, the title was "leaked" a few days before the cover was. that might have been just enough time for someone to design their own cover.

good call dorian! I'm starting to actually beLIEve that title! no, really i am....seriously.....not kiddin....!:huh:

Oh yeah, i was meaning to ask, what radio station was it?

If it was radio One, I'll believe you for sure, lol!!!!

Last edited:
Jim said:
No way it's a crap name and was a crap album cover that Averill & Co would never had produced.

Are you telling me that Achtung Baby, Joshua Tree and All That You Can't Leave Behind are classic album names? Solar is fine with me! I hope it all was a ploy to throw us off track.

Reggie, I think those names are classics now, but if i would have heard Achtung Baby for the first time in 1990ish, i'd think it was a bit strange. But i love it!!!!!!!!!

i've heard edge's cousin told someone that bono don't agree with solar because the sun causes cancer, and the cancer killed his father.

hm, not funny.

:huh:

It would be very,very,very funny if that album was called Solar! :lol:
I can imagine the shocked faces of fans going to stores and findind out that U2's new album is Solar.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

victor_f said:
i've heard edge's cousin told someone that bono don't agree with solar because the sun causes cancer, and the cancer killed his father.

Sorry,but I don't think this story is true. :eyebrow: Hoy many cousins does Edge have?A million? :lol:
I might be wrong,but I don't think his dad died of skin cancer.
Also,sun might cause cancer(if you're careless or have a skin disorder),but I think the idea behind this name would be that the sun is what makes life possible in this planet,about its importance...
It's about the heat,the unlimited energy and how huge and impacting it is.
Sorry if I can't explain it in better words,but english isn't my first language.:wink:

It would be truely shocking though if Solar was the new album title... especially after all the hype before. Then again, I'm fine with the title, the only U2 album name I really liked was Rattle and Hum, so name it whatever they want, at least it's not as unexpected as Zooropa or Achtung Baby.

Back
Top Bottom