NewAlbum??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hanover

The Fly
Hi all. Just wanted to introduce myself. Does anyone have any news on U2's new album?

Apparantly, as you all know by now, U2 are in the recording studio and according to @u2 there is some indication to a couple of the new song titles.

I'm working on a theory myself as to what the new album title might be. Admittably, it is rather childish...but hey, everyone loves to make predictions.

H A N O V E R
Exactly half of the ten studio albums recorded by U2 consist of just one word titles.
Unsurprisingly, prior to their fourth album release one could be forgiven for being of the opinion that U2 might maintain this trend and continue to focus on a single word as a title to the subsequent albums that were yet to follow.

As is so often the case, such simplicity does have the tenacity to make a more dramatic impact and furthermore illustrates the mood that U2 initially set out to emphasise.

In an effort to ascertain what U2 may conjure up as the next album title, I began to devise a strategy, perhaps a clue might be found in previous albums, so with that in mind, I attempted to decipher a code or look for one in all they had produced before, that might give me some indication as to what they may be planning...

Ludicrous as it may appear, because of U2's close affinity to Hanover Quay I already had a word in mind, that word being, HANOVER.

So now my challenge was made all the easier. All that remained for me to do was select a letter from each individual album, which would enable me to create that word.

What I found most interesting is that when I located all the letters I needed and re-arranged them in a particular order the word HANOVER existed...not only that though, but to obtain the all important V letter I had to skip three albums and where should I find that crucial V but in the word "LEAVE".

My curiousity became more acute, so I delved further, back into the songs.

Selecting "POP" one of U2's widely acclaimed albums of it's time and also recorded in Hanover Quay, amongst other places, I discovered that in the first seven songs, applying the same principle as before that HANOVER is also found with the all important final letter being located in the song "GONE"!

LEAVE...GONE...beginning to make any sense? In light of U2's recent departure from Hanover Quay...perhaps that was something worth pondering over.

Nonetheless, my findings, as you'll gather have absolutely no basis or validity, yet, it was illuminating just toying with the idea that there might be at least some grain of truth in what became evident.

One of the greatest traits concerning U2 is their ability to infiltrate the subconscious of their public with issues that are close to them personally.

Everyone loves to make predictions and especially those associated with what is musically the most guarded secret of 2003.

And as this year unfolds more and more people will begin that "guessing game" in an attempt to reveal the title of what should prove to be another U2 classic.

Back
Top Bottom