New York U2 fans, keep the last weekend of October clear!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wolfwill23

War Child
I went to MSG today to try and figure out when tickets will officially be on sale in NY. The lady I asked was very kind, but could not give me a concrete answer as to when tickets will be available, but she did tell me that U2 will be playing, FOR SURE!!!, at MSG on Oct. 24, 25 & 27. You heard it here first.

I'm stoked about that but I still don't know when I can pick up tix. I have the password for tomorrow's pre-sale but I'm class and won't be home. This is what Ticketbastard says:
INTERNET PRESALE BEGINS: 9/28 @ 10AM-EST.
INTERNET PRESALE ENDS: 9/28 @ 6PM-EST.
PUBLIC ONSALE IS: 10/1 @ 9AM-EST.

However, MSG said that tix would not be available there until the 2nd of Oct. So where can I go to buy tix on the 1st?

Please help me out with this one. I don't know where to go and I'm in school literally 40 hours a week. Thanks!

NICE!!!!!

[This message has been edited by U2Gator (edited 09-27-2001).]

The fact that U2 has options on 10/25 and 10/27 at MSG was also reported in a Billboard article posted on ******.net on September 21. I think they intended to play at least 3 in New York and 3 in Chicago (going by their 2 concerts then one day off routine, 10/18 is an open date where they could have added a 3rd Chicago show). And I suspect they left October 22-23 open in case they want to add more New York or East Coast dates.

You'll have to go to a ticketmaster outlet to queue in line for tickets. The MSG box office will sell whatever is left over from the public on sale. So obviously they won't be selling tickets because nothing will be left over.

I don't know where in the city you are but almost every HMV, Tower Records, and Wiz stores will be selling tickets. Check this page for the locations and be sure to call the stores to confirm! http://www.ticketmaster.com/cgi/tcenter/centers.idc?state=NY

[This message has been edited by Zoomeranger (edited 09-27-2001).]

Back
Top Bottom