New York Times slags off Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This really is a Business article, so forgive the reporter if he isn't totally up to snuff on all things U2.

Though I wasn't too happy with his snide remarks about POP. :mad:

:wink:

U2FloridaFan said:

Unfortunately, I think that whatever the tour BTBS is always used as a dig to whatever the U.S. is doing politically that Bono doesn't like

Why is that unfortunate? BTBS has always been a screed against imperialism, and the corruption that has resulted therefrom. That's what the song is all about!

And, while I'm at it... this band isn't just about what Bono does and doesn't like-- what you see and hear is representative of all four members of U2, and the others have gone to great length over the years to make that point, as well... U2 has spoken!!

Even if the song was not dedicated to anything I have to agree with the blindfold qualifying as a jumping the shark moment.

I've been out of the U2 current events loop for some time now. But when did Bono start dedicating songs to U.S. troops? Why is he doing this ? Is he now pro-Iraq war supporter?

I was at the Montreal show on Saturday, and he said nothing of supporting troops. Can someone please update me?

Seconds said:
I've been out of the U2 current events loop for some time now. But when did Bono start dedicating songs to U.S. troops? Why is he doing this ? Is he now pro-Iraq war supporter?

Go back and read the rest of this thread. We had multiple posts on the difference between supporting the war and supporting the troops.

Well...should we just answer his question?

"Which of these things, Bono?"

Does he mean "the song or the mime?"

Um...clearly the song.

Seconds said:

Don't be so silly.

I was at the 11/22 show msg. Bono dedicated the song to the troops. I think Bono was trying to make a statement that with the blindfold on it could be a hostage for various reasons or someone taken hostage from the military. But what ever he does I still love him...

Back
Top Bottom