New York interferencers, post here to let us know how you are

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I thank god that my wife, my immediate family are fine. I live and work in Queens and I was spared the worst, but I will never forget this day. I saw from the hospital that I work in the smoke coming from the area the twin towers were. I used to peek out the 6th floor from Jamaica Hospital in Queens and the towers were very visible. I worked last night from 3 to 11 pm and I couldnt sleep last night. I am still shaking from the events. My prayers go out to everyone affected. I think everyone in the world know someone that has visited or lives or lived in New York, so this really affects everyone.

Hope all the NY interferencers are fine.

I work in Manhattan. I was 20 blocks away at a client of ours. I saw the towers fall in front of my eyes. I will never forget it. Never.

If I had a client in that building yesterday, I might not be here speaking to you. Innocent workers like you and I were unlucky if they came in early on Tuesday. That was what they got for coming in early...makes me sick to my stomach.

I know people who died. A few immigrants from Peru used to do contractor work on my house. They were working on the Windows on the World Restaurant, 102nd Floor at the North Tower (the first one hit). Today a rescue team came by their cousins' house to get pictures of them and clothing so that the dogs could possibly find them in the wreckage. It is all too real for me with this.

frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom