New York City thread....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stupid question: How do we know they're filming the ABOY video? After all, it's all but confirmed that SYCMIOYO will be the second single ...

gorman said:

It doesn't look like it's going to be broadcasted =/ If it is, I'll provide a live audio stream

Grr! They better broadcast it. Well, what did I tell you, Gorman - you're meant to be there with your team of cameramen broadcasting the entire U2 event for the whole world to see! Stop slacking off on us now! :wink:

Axver said:
Stupid question: How do we know they're filming the ABOY video? After all, it's all but confirmed that SYCMIOYO will be the second single ...

"U2 front man Bono (R) performs with The Edge (L) and Adam Clayton (C) during a video shoot for their song 'All Because of You,' on the back of a flatbed truck in New York, November 22, 2004 as the band made a round of appearances in the city. The song is from the recent album 'How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb.' "
from yahoo.com

The band confirmed it as well

perhaps the video is in preparation for when they tour.... so they'll have a video ready to release without having to take time out.

Anybody think of some other stunt this band pulled in NYC to launch an album? ;)

U2Kitten said:
Anybody think of some other stunt this band pulled in NYC to launch an album? ;)

I seem to remember something on a little known band called the rolling stones or something:wink:

Axver said:

Grr! They better broadcast it. Well, what did I tell you, Gorman - you're meant to be there with your team of cameramen broadcasting the entire U2 event for the whole world to see! Stop slacking off on us now! :wink:

I sure wish I did!

Thanks for the information, everyone ... wow, this is very exciting. I suppose we all wish we were in New York now ...

I'm hearing U2's free Brooklyn concert has been moved to 4:30. So you'll have to tell your boss your "doctor's appointment" took longer than expected.

The rockers are now driving around midtown on a flatbed truck, presumably en route to DUMBO. Bono is singing "We are the band in your neighborhood, in your neighborhood, in your neighborhoooood" and mugging for cameras.

Here are some camerphone grabs from their Times Square pitstop around 1:30. Photos by Monica Lee/Stereogum.

u2truck4.jpg

u2truck4.jpg

u2truck3.jpg

u2truck2.jpg

http://www.stereogum.com/archives/001041.html

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Irish rockstar Bono brought traffic to a standstill at the heart of New York on Monday, blasting out songs from U2's latest album as the band cruised down Broadway on a flatbed truck.

Office workers on their lunch-breaks whipped out their camera phones to catch the surprise appearance by the band whose album "How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb" is released in Britain on Monday and in the United States on Tuesday.

"I can't believe it. I have to call my mom right now," said one tourist in a crowd of hundreds as Bono sang Christmas favorite "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" in Times Square.

The stunt was filmed for the video of the forthcoming single "All Because of You" and the band was due to make another free appearance in Brooklyn later in the day.

"The rockers are now driving around midtown on a flatbed truck, presumably en route to DUMBO. Bono is singing "We are the band in your neighborhood, in your neighborhood, in your neighborhoooood" and mugging for cameras."

someone has been watching way too much tv with their children:)
what's next? "B is for Bono it's good enough for me"

Was it really postponed to 4:30? Yeah know, I was literally looking for last minute fares out of Tampa to JFK about 2 hours ago, I really could have made it. ArgggggghhhhH!! :scream:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom