'New York' appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beau2ifulday

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
The song, that is.
It's easy, it's breezy, and now it's sunny outside, i've started listening to it a hell of alot more than I usually do.
It took me quite a while to actually like the song, but I now firmly think it was one of the top two songs from ATYCLB.

Let us bask in the greatness of 'New York' :up:

In New York summers get hot, well into the hundreds
You can't walk around the block without a change of clothing
Hot as a hairdryer in your face
Hot as a handbag and a can of mace
In New York, I just got a place in New York
New York, New York

In New York you can forget, forget how to sit still
Tell yourself you will stay in
But it's down to Alphaville

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

This song is so awesome. I love how Bono sings it. It's even better live.

It took me like 4 years before I could really appreciate it though.

I hated it the first time I heard it...I thought it was extremely boring...so I took ATYCLB out of my CD player thinking what a waste of money. But then about a week later I put it in again and I loved it.

I still don't think New York is great, but it is definitely a good song. I like the 'new york, new york' parts but the verses are just too quiet for too long.

2.5/5 and my prediction is that it will be either second or third in the Worst song survivor for ATYCLB behind Grace and In A Little While.

It's odd that I wouldn't say this is my fav off ATYCLB, but it's the only one I'd put in my top #15. That doesn't really make sense though. Anyway, this song is tremendously underrated and underappreciated. Bono steps into a character and does of marvelous job of painting a portrait of that person's life. He's done this before in songs like Exit, UTEOTW, 2 Shots of Happy, Miami, etc. and they always come off well.

2Hearts said:
It's odd that I wouldn't say this is my fav off ATYCLB, but it's the only one I'd put in my top #15. That doesn't really make sense though. Anyway, this song is tremendously underrated and underappreciated. Bono steps into a character and does of marvelous job of painting a portrait of that person's life. He's done this before in songs like Exit, UTEOTW, 2 Shots of Happy, Miami, etc. and they always come off well.

Exactly.

I love New York, easily one of my favourites from ATYCLB... and live it's an epic almost on Please level. Edge's eerie guitar on this is great.

And ya gotta love the drums.

NEEEW YOOOOOORK :rockon:

Back
Top Bottom