New York

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikal

Blue Crack Addict
I cannot believe how awesome New York is live now! The song has so much more energy now.

I've seen a lot of people complaining about New York even being in the setlist, but I really feel like it was one of the best songs of the night(both nights, actually).

------------------
I'm A Hot Stud.

The "new" lyrics are great too (but sad of course).

------------------
Proud owner of Larry's Drumstick!

Still Elevated...

[This message has been edited by ~LadyLemon~ (edited 10-17-2001).]

Yes.. New York is amazing live these days. I don't think the people complaining about it being in the setlist have seen a 3rd leg show. but then, that's just a hypothesis

I agree...New York didn't do much for me at first, but Mon. and Tues. it was awesome...the new lyrics are just so true, and the screens with the band's sillohettes makes it even a cooler number live.

------------------
Proud Owner of Larry's Stick!!

~*April*~
(AIM-POPLemonGirl)

*~The Official POP_Whore of Interference~*

NEw York has always been great. IMHO it is the best song on ATYCLB. Glad to see everyone has jumped on the bandwagon now. Just wish Bono would add the "ta-ta-ta-ta" (In the melody of NEw York, New York), like he did at the BBC or Irving Plaza show.

Originally posted by arturod:
NEw York has always been great. IMHO it is the best song on ATYCLB. Glad to see everyone has jumped on the bandwagon now. Just wish Bono would add the "ta-ta-ta-ta" (In the melody of NEw York, New York), like he did at the BBC or Irving Plaza show.

No bandwagon for me...I loved it first time I heard it on ATYCLB, loved the first live version I heard, had massive chills when I saw it live, and cried when I saw the webcast from ND.

------------------
Love is the heartbeat of the universe

I've always liked New York, and New York live is a very rocking song - Edge really lets off on the guitar. That said, I wasn't all that moved by it on the first leg. I fully expect that to change for this leg, though

I dont really know why a lot of people are mad that it is on the setlist for the 3rd leg. i mean, what with the 11th and all...

how could they NOT play it? it is the most U2ish thing to do. and i dont know why some people wont just accept that...

besides... it WAS amazing live.

hmmm "most U2ish thing to do"

can you please define that? Since all of us other experts have no idea what teh fuck youre on about!

Geeze... Its a great song, and it has new meaning now, and it sounds even more kickass with the new lyrics. Nuff said. Dont need to go on about how U2ish it is... what the hell does that even mean anyway? bah... im going to bed... and yes im aware its only 6:50... bah bah and bah

If the band was a horse, I'd ride it.

------------------

Still Elevated...

Well, if the band was on a wagon, I'd jump on it!

------------------
I'm A Hot Stud.

Originally posted by ~LadyLemon~:
If the band was a horse, I'd ride it.

HAHA! Funny shit! It's too bad I didn't get to talk to you more in line! You seem pretty cool. I was pretty preoccupied in finding out if I was being in the heart or not later(which I was! Thanks Matt!).

------------------
"I'm gonna start a day care!"-Bono

The opening of the album version of New York always gives me chills. I like the "sound" of the song. And I like how its a "whole new song" now. It only makes sense that a song like that would evolve into something extraordinary- and a highlight for me at the concert.

Originally posted by mikal:
HAHA! Funny shit! It's too bad I didn't get to talk to you more in line! You seem pretty cool. I was pretty preoccupied in finding out if I was being in the heart or not later(which I was! Thanks Matt!).

Yes, Mr. 300th in line....hehe
wink.gif

Btw, I agree with my Lemon Sister...I'd totally ride the band if it were a horse.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Proud Owner of Larry's Stick!!!

~*April*~

(AIM-POPLemonGirl)

Excuse my lack of knowledge, but wat are the new lines in Ney York now? would be very grateful if u could let me know. Saw them at Earls Court, London on the 18th August and that song just rocked. It was the first song that really stood out to me the first time i heard the album (although all the songs stood out to be honest!)

Thanks Mikal. Next time we're all in Chi-town, we can all go to Fado's for some guinness-lovin.

smile.gif

I could go for that!
biggrin.gif

I have not lived till I've seen Cookie drunk. LOL

------------------
Proud Owner of Larry's Stick!!!

~*April*~

(AIM-POPLemonGirl)

I'm smashed right now. We all need an alchie get-together! lol...

*loving my killians tonight!*

------------------

Still Elevated...

Thanks Mikal. Next time we're all in Chi-town, we can all go to Fado's for some guinness-lovin.

smile.gif

------------------

Still Elevated...

I'm smashed right now. We all need an alchie get-together! lol...

*loving my killians tonight!*

Shit! That makes two of us! HAHA! Being 21 rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------

Yep--I should be in bed--but I'm talking to April about my Larry fantasies, lol. Pass me another beer, I will never be worthy!

------------------

Still Elevated...

Yep--I should be in bed--but I'm talking to April about my Larry fantasies, lol. Pass me another beer, I will never be worthy!

do you have msn? We should chat sometime. Especially when we're trashed! HAHA

------------------

I've never registered on msn--on AOL I'm Party Lemon though....

hehehe, love my fellow lushes

------------------

Still Elevated...

Back
Top Bottom