NEW YEARS EVE -- What did YOU do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
went to the mall withy my bro but ended up at tower records and got this cd that is a u2 audio documentary and got boy well i think i forgot to buy that one well got stuff to eat.then at like 10pm went girl watching and just driving around with u2 blasting oh also hung around this bar and club did not go in. then came home at 11:45 got my bud lites out and drank two as the clock struck 12Pm then i started feeling hungery and drove to get something it was 1 something or 2 pm. this first store was closed and i found a nother one there were like 12 people in the drive through oh and i was BLASTING NEW YEARS DAY(by u2) in my car, at a stop this hot women was crossing the road with her friends and started dancing to the music comming from my car(new years day) i know its late in the night but what the. oh and this drunk was in the middle of the road playing(like a small horn or something) oh and ya i was drinking and driving but i think i did good(glad no cops were around) and watched dead or alive on dvd nite...

------------------
"BONO'S PRAYER HEAVENS AIR"

Dont believe the devil i dont believe his book.

I danced all night long with friends at a bar in Montreal !!! I had so much fun !I drank 5 beers (usually that's a lot for me) but I didn't really have any effects yesterday and when I woke up this morning.
biggrin.gif

Elvis, can I go out with you next NYE??? Your evening blew mine away:

• Set VCR to tape U2 on that Peter Jennings special.
  • Went to friend's house for (woo hoo) a party of FOUR.
  • Watched TV @ friend's...when U2 came on, friend looks over at TV and says: "WHO'S THAT?"
    eek.gif
    eek.gif
  • Realize need new friends.
  • Another friend went home B4 midnight cos she was sick but felt compelled to be out on NYE.
  • Had one glass of champagne with 2 remaining friends at midnight; watched the new year come in on TV.
  • Realize yet again need new friends.
  • Went home about 1:30.
  • Popped own bottle of champagne and had um...a few glasses. *smirk*
  • Jumped on Interference, natch.
  • Wished for a real-life Interference NYE party!
  • Went to bed about 5:00 AM...very tipsy!
  • Woke up at 12:30 PM, feeling very fuzzy, only to find that I had set my VCR out of pure habit and taped over the Peter Jennings special.
  • Immediately drank some Alka Seltzer and a big icey Coke.
  • Happily found out that I didn't tape over the U2 portion of the Peter Jennings special, YAY!!!
    smile.gif
  • Found a bunch of fun new U2 stuff in my mail to play with, YAY!!!!
    biggrin.gif

Here's to hoping my 2002 is better than my 2001 was....

Disco

[This message has been edited by Discoteque (edited 01-01-2002).]

Went to dinner at Japanese hibachi restaurant (where they cook in front of you).
Went into Boston for chilly first night activities...fireworks, ice sculptures etc.

As usual, i spent it with my family. (and i don't care if this gets flamed)

Me and my parents went out at about 11 PM, visited some neighbours, quite a few people were there and lots of jokes were told. There were some sweets and salty snacks on the table, but i wasn't hungry. Champagne was there, but i drank juice.

After midnight, everyone congratulated each other, then we went outside with our own fireworks-i mean various rockets and firecrackers (my Dad bought some and the neighbours had some too), along with the stuff other houses in the area had it was quite a sight to watch.

Went to bed at 3 AM.

------------------
"We feel like this is unfinished business - there's things for us left to do and that's why we still do it." - Larry

"For us, each night on stage has to be like the last night on earth. That's the way our band operates-we can't play the songs unless we're fully into them." - Bono

"The music itself will tell you where to go." - Edge (about recording)

"It's an elevation thing." - Adam (when asked why there's pictures from airport on ATYCLB cover)

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 01-02-2002).]

for NYE I:

*hosted an intimate apartment party for 10

*ate alot of snack food

*made lots of margaritas for people

*had the ABC 2002 thing playing in the background

*played a game called Guesstures which is actuallly very fun, which I found out on CHristmas Day after being forced to play it with my family

*Had a champagne toast at midnight while watching the TAPED replay of the ball dropping in Times Square!

*Danced to 80s songs like Push It and The Metro

*Somehow drank 1/2 a bottle of Cuervo 1800 before night was over

*Walked last guests out at 4:15 AM!

*Went to bed at almost 5 AM, pleasantly surprised at how cool a night at home on NYE was!

Woke up at 3 PM still having a hangover! Needless to say, I kind of missed most of New Years Day, although I did make it out to see In The Bedroom around 10 PM! The Aleve and water had kicked in by then.

U2girl, I did something quite similar! (ie hanging out with the parentals)

* Worked for the first half of the day Blech.

* Set ABC thing to tape (and U2 wasn't on it! Have NO IDEA how I missed it!) Blech.

* Went to mom & dad's, where a very rambunctious and flamboyant gay movie fanatic friend was also visiting.

* Ate tonnes of potato chips
* Ate tonnes of Chinese food
* Ate tonnes of ice cream (hagen daazs coffee, and caramel swirl)
* Ate chocolate Laura Secords
* Drank lots of eggnog (Beckers - the ULTIMATE! Like Edge in a glass!)

* Drank lots of champagne (1 glass - for me that's a lot! LOL!)

* Played monopoly and a new trivia game

* Made my dad read one of my Pleba stories to the group - HYSTERICAL! LOL!

* Watched the ball fall on TV, took lots of Happy NY phone calls from friends and family

* Got in Taxi and went home to bed. zzzzz.

It was fun! Honestly!!!
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Mrs. Edge (edited 01-02-2002).]

I had a BLAST for New Years!

I spend it with friends and my bro and his friends in San Francisco! We went clubing for part of the night... walked up and down the streets like crazy people!
biggrin.gif
And just partied till the wee hours in the morning! It was fun! LOL Too bad I don't remember half it! HA!
biggrin.gif

------------------
Nothing changes on new year's day...
On new year's day...
I will be with you again
I will be with you again....

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Back
Top Bottom