New Window in the Skies video!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Headache in a Suitcase said:

dude... that's mccartney. it's his pattented head bop. come on... look closer. the cheesey colors in the background? that's sir paul.

where are getting that? its thom yorke clearly (he's a little to short to be Paul M)... :tsk: or you trying to yank our chains headache? :hmm: see my post in pleba's thread about this.

dude you need to go watch the vid again...

U2girl said:

Feel free to say who it is if you have a better idea. I don't see why "some random dude" would be focused on in the video, when it's all about music generations.

Both Eddie and Vedder were reportedly seen at Elevation shows - in NY I believe.

both eddie and vedder? :wink:

look i said it might be vedder in the one shot, i just don't think so. but there is no way in hell that other guy is p.diddy... it doesn't look remotely anything like him. the only thing that guy and diddy have in common is that they're both black. that's it.

i've played that part a million times and i still see mccartney.

we need a higher quality video befoe we can make deffinitive decisions on who each person is when the shots are a bit blurry

I am all for a higher quality vid.. but its crystal clear to me who that is.. it's thom not Paul.. Paul isn't that short. I recognize the face as well as the spikey hair of thom.. that blue backround shot is very familiar.. not sure which song that's from but I will look at again and see if I can figure it out..

U2Fanatic4ever said:

I am all for a higher quality vid.. but its crystal clear to me who that is.. it's thom not Paul.. Paul isn't that short. I recognize the face as well as the spikey hair of thom.. that blue backround shot is very familiar.. not sure which song that's from but I will look at again and see if I can figure it out..

isn't that short??? all you can see is from his chest up, how can you tell how tall he is from that? :huh:

i can't get a screen shot that isn't blurry so it's no use... we'll just have to wait until a clearer video comes out.

maybe from u2.com... hahahaha... i made myself laugh.

U2Man said:
could you make a screen shot and post then, please.

ok... here ya go...

EXHIBIT A

ThomPaul.jpg

U2Fanatic4ever said:

where are getting that? its thom yorke clearly (he's a little to short to be Paul M)... :tsk: or you trying to yank our chains headache? :hmm: see my post in pleba's thread about this.

dude you need to go watch the vid again...

i'm not trying to yank anyone's chain... and if you do go back to that PLEBA thread, i'm not the only one who thinks that it's paul mccartney and not thom yorke.

dude... that's mccartney. it's his pattented head bop. come on... look closer. the cheesey colors in the background? that's sir paul.

yeah, I thought the head bop guy was McCartney too, but something just doesn't seem right.

U2Fanatic4ever said:

ok... here ya go...

EXHIBIT A

dude i could take a blurry picture of a mountain goat, put it next to a blurry picture of thom yorke and a clear picture of a mountain goat and tell ya it's thom yorke, too.

example...

here's a blurry concert photo with the same type of lighting as in that shot in the video.

67540222-M.jpg

who is it? :shrug: could be anyone... it's blurry, we can't tell.

let's just agree to disagree and wait for a better quality video.

i'm clearly not the only one who thinks it's paul mccartney. maybe i'm wrong. i very well could be. but so could you. let's just wait for a clear video before we declare who it is.

Last edited:

dude i could take a blurry picture of a mountain goat, put it next to a blurry picture of thom yorke and a clear picture of a mountain goat and tell ya it's thom yorke, too.

let's just agree to disagree and wait for a better quality video.

i'm clearly not the only one who thinks it's paul mccartney. maybe i'm wrong. i very well could be. but so could you. let's just wait for a clear video before we declare who it is.

dude, I will agree to disagree. But it's clear to me that its thom and not Paul. And when a higher quality vid shows up I think it will clarify my point.. If I had any doubts at all I would certainly state them i would be the first to admit it here.

I will say the vid that I got the screen cap from is slightly blurry but clear enough to see who it is. Your comparison pic is significantly more blurry than what I have and I can't make out anything in it.

Last edited:
holy f'ing crap.

i have no problem admitting if i'm wrong. but i'm clearly not the only person who thinks it's paul mccartney, so it's certainly not as clear as you make it out. it's quite possible that we're wrong. post the screen shot you say it is and i'll readily admit it. but let's stop acting like everyone who thinks/thought it was paul mccartney is a moron. that's paul's head bob. he's been doing it since the friggin 60's. it's blurry, he's got big hair, it looks to me like paul mccartney. if it is thom yorke, then it's thom yorke ripping off paul's head bob. perhaps if i didn't want to stab my ear drums with a pencil when radiohead comes on and actually saw more of their videos i'd agree with you right away. but it's blurry, it's paul's move, it looks/looked like paul to me.

U2Fanatic4ever said:

thanks xavi.. I knew I recognized that video I just couldn't place the song.. ! Could you screen cap that and post it?

I'd have to rip the video from that DVD...I'll see if I can do it later:wink:

U2Man said:
im getting more and more convinced that the guitar player at the start of the solo is keith richards.

that means no beatles references at all :down:

WITS Cap -

059.jpg

Google search of Keith -

richards.gif

series1h_water_sale.jpg

of George -

george_harrison_4.jpg

It's definitely Keith. I don't even remember seeing George play a Les Paul very often. And I've been a Beatles nut for fifteen years.

Last edited:
holy f'ing crap.

i have no problem admitting if i'm wrong. but i'm clearly not the only person who thinks it's paul mccartney, so it's certainly not as clear as you make it out. it's quite possible that we're wrong. post the screen shot you say it is and i'll readily admit it. but let's stop acting like everyone who thinks/thought it was paul mccartney is a moron. that's paul's head bob. he's been doing it since the friggin 60's. it's blurry, he's got big hair, it looks to me like paul mccartney. if it is thom yorke, then it's thom yorke ripping off paul's head bob. perhaps if i didn't want to stab my ear drums with a pencil when radiohead comes on and actually saw more of their videos i'd agree with you right away. but it's blurry, it's paul's move, it looks/looked like paul to me.

chill out headache.. No one calling anyone a moron here so I think you claiming that about me is uncalled for. I said if I was unsure at all about it I would be the first to admit it.. read my post. It's just clear to me and for you its not as clear. I understand that. I also admitted that it is blurry but at least for me its clear enough to see who it is. I am sure when a higher quality vid shows up it we all will have a better look/view of who is in the vid. The images go by very fast and its not so easy to tell. I recognized thom right away but went back a few times to double check myself.

As far as the head bob thing who is to say who started the head bob but I think that thom's headbob is slightly different and he does this thing where he rotates his head around its hard to explain. I have seen them in concert quite a few times..

Edgette said:

WITS Cap -

059.jpg

Google search of Keith -

richards.gif

series1h_water_sale.jpg

of George -

george_harrison_4.jpg

It's definitely Keith. I don't even remember seeing George play a Les Paul very often. And I've been a Beatles nut for fifteen years.

Yea its Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom