New Video on U2.com Pt.2 (new 01/11/2009)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the other thread someone mentioned Edge's part being like Heartland, I hear that and a little Spanish Eyes as well.. love it!

I think Bono winks at the end of the couch video as if to say "It's all a joke, we're not even working on the album right now. 2011 is going to be our year."

The newest one sounds pretty old-school. If it makes it onto the album, I will think of bananas whenever I hear it. :D

When Edge says "Put it down," he means record it, right? :reject:

Non-revelatory.
Or a synonym for that.
So yeah, whatever.

I think it's got a chance to be a really cool song.
Hopefully, Bono got a great vocal take (clip 4 sounds good, what can be made of it) and didn't go back and do it 47 times and the gravelly smoker shows up on the record.

My question is, when was this made?
I get the feeling this video is pretty old. I think the song in clip4 is probably done.
So, hopefully they left it alone. I guess we'll see.

wow, yes this is clip 4 100% but wowwwwwww...I can't take this song anymore! Just imagine this song in its entirety with perfect quality sound...:ohmy:

I agree with whoever said that this song could be an instant classic....It seriously has an epicness to it that makes me think of Streets or WOWY or something of that nature....I don't mean it sounds like those songs, but it has that sort of epic vibe going on that makes me think this could be one of U2's greatest songs ever. :up:

After watching the clip, I went back to listen to beach clip no. 4 again yesterday. This got me so excited. I HOPE it will really end up on the album. And I'm still curious about the title. I'm sure it will be something totally different, something we don't hear in the lyrics.

In the other thread someone mentioned Edge's part being like Heartland, I hear that and a little Spanish Eyes as well.. love it!

Yes, old-school Edge sounds. I thought they said this album's a departure.

Now don't start me on Discotheque now! :drool:

Do you have to be a member of u2.com to see the clip?

The actual finished song sounds much different.

The finished song, (for anyone who hasn't heard the beach clip) is of such a quality that questions as to weather or not it is a "departure" seem almost irrelevant and completely miss the point. Is it a departure for U2? Maybe, but perhaps not. Is it up there with some of there finest and most effecting moments? I would say yes.

The finished song, (for anyone who hasn't heard the beach clip) is of such a quality that questions as to weather or not it is a "departure" seem almost irrelevant and completely miss the point. Is it a departure for U2? Maybe, but perhaps not. Is it up there with some of there finest and most effecting moments? I would say yes.

I don't know wtf your talking about mate but just to reiterate; the song doesn't have an 'old-school Edge sound.

I'm sure U2 are smart enough to leave it as it is. :drool:

Agreed.

After the whole "Beautiful Day" mini-argument that Bono and Edge had during the ATYCLB sessions, I'm sure they won't mess with a great sound even if it sounds "Too much like U2" .

BTW, I still can't get over how much Edge gets out of his guitars with so little. He basically only played like three notes but it sounded like a whole landscape of sound. My guitar maniac friends agree that he is one of a kind when it comes to playing guitar. I laugh because I've been playing alot of Rock Band 2 lately and can only imagine how spartan the guitar parts will be if they ever do a U2 song on that game. All of these other bands have songs with notes and chords all over the place. I can't imagine that the difficulty will be that high on most of Edge's parts.

I don't know wtf your talking about mate but just to reiterate; the song doesn't have an 'old-school Edge sound.

???

I don't think I said it did. I was saying that it is such a high quality song that it doesn't even matter if it's "old school" or not.

Wait wait wait.....

Who said the beach clip contained a FINISHED SONG????? :huh:

That song (if it is indeed in one of the clips) could have been changed a billion times from then till now. So lets not go by the beach clip as a measuring stick here. Unless of course you are privy to some official finished song leak that we have yet to hear.

negativity negativity! It could be a departure even if it is "old school"

It's not negativity, people are just pointing out the obvious. Notice the Heartland/S. Eyes comparisons ? I thought of his 80's sounds as soon as I heard this...they've been using that increasingly in this decade and it just goes against the stuff we've been hearing about a departure.

Roy: how do you know what the fiinished song sounds like ?

Wait wait wait.....

Who said the beach clip contained a FINISHED SONG????? :huh:

That song (if it is indeed in one of the clips) could have been changed a billion times from then till now. So lets not go by the beach clip as a measuring stick here. Unless of course you are privy to some official finished song leak that we have yet to hear.

If that song was not finished then it was very close. I don't think even U2 could screw up something that great.

(As with every other thing on this entire message board, this is of course my opinion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom