New Video For ES Kicks Ass!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrPryck2U

ONE love, blood, life
The new video for Electrical Storm kicks all sorts of ass! It's gotta be one of U2's more cooler videos. The ladies all get a chance to watch their man Larry go wild. The dudes get to watch the freaky chick. Is that Larry's real life squeeze? I gotta know. Bono looks pretty cool with his goatee.

Last edited by a moderator:
In my opinion this is one of the worst video's U2 has ever made. Not only does it feature boring old Larry, it also reminds me of this Chris Isaak video (can't remember its name).

:angry: :grumpy:

It's a nice video, one of their better. :up: I still want an explanation on the reindeer, though. :angry: :coocoo:

ES is already one of my favorite U2 videos. It's amazing! :up:

Btw...the chick w/Larry in the video is Samantha Morton...(Damn, she's lucky! :lmao: )

bonoman said:
i agree this is one of the worst video. People are gonna be like wtf!! If i was like WTF then peolpe that arnt huge fans will be.

:lmao: Well, I don't think the general public will be analysing the video like we tend to do...If I were just a casual fan or even a non-fan, my reaction would probably be, "Ooh...Who is that gorgeous guy?" And then there's Sam Morton for the guys...It's got everything, baby! :drool:

Last edited:
that video is shite.

they should have just played the track over the Chris Isaacs video and saved a boatload of money.

plu, am I the only one who thinks that actress is ugly?

:down:

ouizy said:

plu, am I the only one who thinks that actress is ugly?

That's pretty harsh. She's not like a goddess or anything, but she is pretty...she is far from ugly.

Bonochick said:

That's pretty harsh. She's not like a goddess or anything, but she is pretty...she is far from ugly.

:happy: I like the part where she's looking into the camera. She looks so innocent and...childlike...:cute:

I personally really like the video.
I do not think that Samantha Morton is ugly; however, there was no chemistry between her and Larry. Who *is* she anyway?!?
The reindeer makes no sense at all... but I like it that way.
Black and white gooood.
Bono on train goood.
Quick edited band shots gooood.

:up:

Angel said:
I personally really like the video.
I do not think that Samantha Morton is ugly; however, there was no chemistry between her and Larry. Who *is* she anyway?!?
The reindeer makes no sense at all... but I like it that way.
Black and white gooood.
Bono on train goood.
Quick edited band shots gooood.

:up:
I agree with every word.
Well said. I love the video, and the song. Sexy Dripping Wet Larry GOOD!

Video kinda went over my head too! BD-couple get it on and then the band jam, ES-couple get it on and....the band jam, pretty standard whatever stuff. Sam Morton is pretty sexy, and I really love the song now, but the video ain't anythin special

Q: U2 what is the significance of a reindeer in a video about couple and moments in their relationship?

A:
:larry: Why dont you ask the director?
:adam: well you see....its about a joruney that couple took...you know from the sea...well what the fcuk, I dont know!
:edge: Anton really wanted something to look, which in many ways, reflect the twisted emotions the couple in concern were going through. So he picked it as a metaphor which Brian Eno use to refer to during the recording of the All That You Can't Leave Behind album
:bono: I think...ummm, well its certainly aint about Jubilee or whats going on in the world right now or...mmm...well its....its about, mmm...you know...when...you know....you dont know...if they dont know what you're doing...umm so it must be art.So Anton is very arty.

:adam: :edge: = :D
:larry: = shit they fooled me with Passenger trick again :tsk:

Last edited:
I love the video. I think it's beautiful, arty and very sexy. It's nice to see more of Larry and to have Bono take a backseat.

I don't think Samantha Morton is ugly. She has a different kind of look. They could have chosen this drop dead gorgeous babe but instead went with an actress who had a more interesting look.

:up: to them.

I believe 'Electrical Storm' is one of the BEST videos the band has ever done - and there is NOTHING like it in the mainstream right now. Here's a little article that states it will go down as the year's best video:

http://www.montrealgazette.com
September 28, 2002
From The Montreal Gazette:

Seaside with U2 is a far-out trip

Electrical Storm, U2.

This gorgeous black-and-white clip lensed by photographer Anton Corbijn - the guy who shot the famous
cover art for the group's mammoth The Joshua Tree album - would be notable if only for the fact it stars
perennially unassuming drummer Larry Mullen and features little actual footage of noted spotlight hog Bono.
But with its lush cinematography, shimmering locale (the beaches of the seaside community of Eze-sur-Mer
in the south of France), non-linear narrative (in other words, I have no idea what's going on) and a passionate
turn by actress Samantha Morton as a mysterious mermaid, the clip will go down as one of the year's best.
You can watch it on the Web at www.u2.com/exclusive/excl_detail.html. (You'll need either Quicktime or
Windows Media Player.)

one of the keys to its success is the video cuts are real slow in the beginning like the song.....then once the band starts really playing...the pace of the video quickens....I think the mood of the song is captured perfectly.

its a bit arty for some people's likings one thinks

the band really got put in the backseat and all we got was an ego trip by Anton Corbijn

the actress like so many other videos that Anton chooses to use in his music videos are not supposed to be oh-so-noticeable, though if you've ever seen Depeche Mode's 'I Feel You' video...

anyway they tried to get larry to act, interesting ploy, and there were too many arty symbolic objects in the video which would have made you going: 'what the?' when you saw it first hand :scratch:

one thinks the song will be remembered more than the video itself

Back
Top Bottom