New vid on U2.com!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nevermind, the link worked. Best clip by far yet.

That riff reminded me of Whole lotta love.

Holy shit. That third clip is the grooviest thing the band has done in a decade :combust:

Also, in the last clip: Edge is playing. Lanois is in the background wearing a hat. Sam can be seen standing up in the middle, and Bono is sitting partially hidden by Edge's mic stand, to the right of where Sam was standing. You can see him lift up his head at 2:19.

(I'm not being obsessive, just observant)

Holy shit. That third clip is the grooviest thing the band has done in a decade :combust:

Also, in the last clip: Edge is playing. Lanois is in the background wearing a hat. Sam can be seen standing up in the middle, and Bono is sitting partially hidden by Edge's mic stand, to the right of where Sam was standing. You can see him lift up his head at 2:19.

(I'm not being obsessive, just observant)

ah yes, I was right! :giggle:

thanks for the clarification DOL :)

Hot sizzle. damn. that is some exciting shit right thurrrrr.

wearing the number 7 shirt this evening...even his mother calls him...the edge

nice singin, the edge.

that 3rd little segment with the riff that sounded like the Fly is, well, awesome...

I recognised Sam and Lanois, and those are probably Bono's shoes behind the bottle.

But, in the "more cycles like that" (Eno?) bit, who is the guy with the ponytail that sits down and the guy standing to the left of Edge and Lanois ? And in the first acoustic bit, who is that in the right corner next to Edge and Eno ?

The riff in clip 3 reminds me of the intro of "Last Night On Earth".
That one "hoocky" note in the riff probably is the cause for that...

Anyone?

If you can't see the link in this thread, try U2valencia.com - they posted the video.

The second clip indeed sounds like it could be one of the the songs from the Lanois movie (the last one with the amazing chorus Ooooohh Oooohh). But how can we be sure it is No Line on the Horizon? I've lost the Lanois clips for some reason... someone cares to re-post them? (or email them to me at e_lego@hotmail.com, thanks!)

And maybe my imagination is too fertile, but on the HQ clip (the one with the trucks), it seems to me that the song completely changes at around 1:26, becoming rockier and with a faster tempo, and I think I hear the same riff Edge plays in the 3rd clip around that time...

Ok now I am really starting to be excited :) No matter how the album turns out or stands the test of time, the coming year is the best time to be a U2 fan!

"And now ladies and gentleman,this first clip from U2's recording studio is sponsor by Evian"

"Yes ,Evian, the official water for U2"

I'm also reminded, right at the start of that last Edge clip, of that two-note intro to Zoo station they used on Zoo TV.

Flamingrudy<at>gmx.de

Thanx!!!
You're welcome. Please just do me a favour and help me to pass it on if anyone else wants it. I can't sit here and send messages every five minutes to people.
I'll send it right away, then. :)

Edit: Sent. It might be a good idea to start a seperate thread for requests, I guess if there is a demand.
It's the same mediafire link as I've sent to you guys in the past.

the one guitar riff in the middle (2 or 3?) is just dirty...awesome stuff.

hope its on the album. bono could sing a lullyby over it and it would be sweet

Interesting stuff but I hope not all riffs are as elementary as that one... even though this is Edge. Still with a lot of distortion and some heavy drums that could be a cool rocker I think. It does have an eastern sound quality that I love. Nice stuff! Thanks for the video joefun!

After that you hear him play a very cool riff on electric guitar,it kind of reminds me of the fly!

I'm so curious as to how that last riff will turn out...it does have a Fly vibe goin on....:hyper:

the third (one sounding like the fly)

That riff reminded me of Whole lotta love.

that 3rd little segment with the riff that sounded like the Fly is, well, awesome...

The riff in clip 3 reminds me of the intro of "Last Night On Earth".
That one "hoocky" note in the riff probably is the cause for that...

The 3rd clip,that riff has Radiohead Kid A album sound

:lol: Well, there isn't much of a consensus on this one.

clip 3 sounded quite rocky, im looking forward to that the most.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom