New vid on U2.com!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
here you go, watch for yourself...I managed to get this off my history with some further digging:

media .u2.com/flash/highlights/larryinstudio.swf

p.s. - Wait til mid-clip to get the music with the (very appealing) walking baseline and guitar. I hope that's some of their new stuff.

Very nice, thanks for digging through your history to share.

You're welcome. I really hope that's Edge, strumming whatever's playing in the background. In my opinion, this sounds like it could be an alternate translation of "Mercy" (similar chord structure), but who knows. Are Larry's feet really that small?

p.s. - If you listen real close over headphones, right after the music, you can hear a person (Lanois, I think) say, "It's like a Mexican dance." Someone else (Adam, I think) says, "Yeah, yeah, the Mariachi."

Oh, I like the sound of that! :ohmy:

Are Larry's feet really that small?
Compared to Bono's, Larry's feet are big!

bandsittingonawall.jpg

wow, cool...thanks :)

anyone know the brand of that bass drum pedal? Either the one with blue on the sides or the one he's actually using to play with? I can't quite make it out...or can anyone see the cymbol brand? :hmm:

I'm a little disappointed Larry's still going with the simpler drum kit, with only 2 tom drums...but oh well...:shrug:

here you go, watch for yourself...I managed to get this off my history with some further digging:

media .u2.com/flash/highlights/larryinstudio.swf

p.s. - Wait til mid-clip to get the music with the (very appealing) walking baseline and guitar. I hope that's some of their new stuff.

Thanks for continuing to search!! Sounds very cool.

Thanks for continuing to search!!

Yes, thank you!

and WOW, Larry filming.
That sure is surprising!

All this little clips are great!
I enjoy watching them.
Here's to hoping there are more to come.

Did anyone else notice the grammy standing on the glass table, where he puts the keys on?

wow, cool...thanks :)

anyone know the brand of that bass drum pedal? Either the one with blue on the sides or the one he's actually using to play with? I can't quite make it out...or can anyone see the cymbol brand? :hmm:

I'm a little disappointed Larry's still going with the simpler drum kit, with only 2 tom drums...but oh well...:shrug:
Those are Roland V-Drums.. it's an electronic drum kit! :D
The music segment is gorgeous ,and also quite electronic, thank god I'm excited now *faints*

Adam is much more skilled with the camera :lol: and for a second I thought Larry was putting his shoes on the wrong feet :uhoh: but that sounded pretty nice :D

The music segment is gorgeous ,and also quite electronic, thank god I'm excited now *faints*

I think the purpose of the clip was to make that exact point. Good spot :).

p.s. - If you listen real close over headphones, right after the music, you can hear a person (Lanois, I think) say, "It's like a Mexican dance." Someone else (Adam, I think) says, "Yeah, yeah, the Mariachi."

I sounds to me as if Lanois is saying "It's like a Mexican bass" and then Brian responds as you've already pointed out.
There seems to be some buried speaking underneath the audio in this clip. One has to listen carefully to be able to hear them. I can't figure out what they are saying though.:(

(I've also updated the mediafire project again.)

yeah, noticed that too...thanks :)

So does this mean that he's using electronic drum kits for the new album? Cause for some reason I thought just uses electronic kits in the studio when they're practicing so it doesn't get too loud...and he can just put headphones on and it will be practically silent.

I know the new music is the exciting part with this film, but I can't help thinking that we now know how larry gets into HQ without chatting it up with fans.

I would so end up in the river if I had to walk that path.

How fun are these videos!!!!!!!!

I know the new music is the exciting part with this film, but I can't help thinking that we now know how larry gets into HQ without chatting it up with fans.

exactly what I was thinking too!! :lol:

I'm sure someone can help me with this:

Where the heck are you all seeing these new videos at Zootopia? I have been a member for many years, but when I go there, all I see under Site Hightlights is "A Cup of Tea in Dublin", which I gather is not recent. Where can I access the more recent videos? What's the heading? Or is Zootopia (as usual) fucking things up?

I'm sure someone can help me with this:

Where the heck are you all seeing these new videos at Zootopia? I have been a member for many years, but when I go there, all I see under Site Hightlights is "A Cup of Tea in Dublin", which I gather is not recent. Where can I access the more recent videos? What's the heading? Or is Zootopia (as usual) fucking things up?

Are you a paying member? Also check to make sure you are logged in.

Dana

How fun are these videos!!!!!!!!

:up:

This is probably the most interesting video for the amount that we get out of it. This kind of stuff is exactly what was in my head after all the talk of an innovative sound and knowing that Eno and Lanois were heavily involved in writing. That crazy bass sound is just great.

One thing I will say though, which is that this is obviously a long time ago given that it appears that they were still in the midst of the creative process when these videos were being made, so what we hear here may have changed hugely by the time the album comes out.

As they might have put it in Ice Cold in Alex:

'Worth waiting for'

One thing I will say though, which is that this is obviously a long time ago given that it appears that they were still in the midst of the creative process when these videos were being made, so what we hear here may have changed hugely by the time the album comes out.

Not necessarily true as the creative process for U2 doesn't end until the CD is in the shops. They have been known to rerecord and change parts of songs in the mastering suite (Discotheque). Getting them to stop and release the thing already is more of a problem for them than being creative in the first place.

Dana

:hmm: I never got that impression from these vids...it all seemed pretty spontaneous to me...but I guess we'll never know :shrug:

I'd love to have Adam or one of the band members questioned about these little videos later on, that would be fun :giggle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom