New U2 song to be played at Grammys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ouizy

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Got your attention, didn't I?

I knew I would be flamed had I written, "U2 spreading themselves very thin by including themselves in every imaginable American TV awards/new years/sports event" because, yes they will be seen by millions of new potential fans, and yes they will be seen by millions of existing fans, but wouldn't it be damn cool???

(nice run-on huh?)

I would be impressed/shocked/thrilled and finally surprised if U2 were to walk out on stage during the Grammys and play a brand new song, no matter how raw it is.

Think about it, the academy, or whoever the hell they are, were obviously duely impressed by ATYCLB, as they did recieve 8 nominations, imagine how impressive it would be if they busted out with a new song...

(Ouizy is having vague/fond memories of when the band opened the Popmart tour by playing Holy Joe in Kmart NYC...)

Yeah, and we all know how warmly that little Holy Joe K-Mart press conference was received by the press and critics.......they'll play Stuck In A Moment or Walk On, you can count on it.

It would be cool. But the Grammy's decide what you play.

------------------
Look what you did, you little JERK!

Kevin! You're such a disease!

Sorry Gonzo, I did not think this place was so serious...

Great another rendition of Stuck, can't wait...

I just NEED something new dammit!!!

I'm holding out hope for Walk On, since it's the song that gets better everytime I hear it, and I'm addicted to the U2 7 remix of it.

No way in hell you will hear anything new. The stiffs that produce/watch/vote/etc would never give it the go ahead, even if it is the biggest band it the land. You forget -- 99% of people out there aren't superfans like us. They wanna hear the hits, and on Grammy night, that's gonna be Stuck or Walk On, because those are the songs of the moment (and the songs they are nominated for). I'll give ya an outside shot at New York (very outside) b/c they did it on Letterman. Just my 2 cents...

------------------
Midnight is where the day begins....

why would you want to hear anything new on Grammy night? They'd be playing to an unenthused audience anyway. On Grammy night they should play the songs from the album that just got 8 nominations, not something new...

------------------
Not suckin on my thumb
Staring at the sun

www.u2takemehigher.com

Macphisto Society: "Evil shouldn't look this good"

"The way I might look at you" ~Adam

they should play "I still haven't found ..."

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

no, not or The Electric Co
they should play "I still havent found ..."
that song rules

------------------
Salome

this is all bullshit , they should play : The Fly , or Out Of Control or Dirty Day , or Mysterious Ways / One , or POE/Walk On or LNOE/UntilThe Nd Of The World / Stuck

and no fucking oldies like ATYCLB/R&H stuff !!!!

You're silly Ivan. Explain to me how ATYCLB songs are oldies and Out of Control isn't.
wink.gif

And I don't think we need to worry about any Rattle and Hum songs popping up....

Salome, what's the deal with Still Haven't Found? Nice song and all, but it's 15 years old and not one of the better live songs the band does.

Or Shadows and Tall Trees - I bet even the Grammy academy (or whoever the hell they are) would think it is a new song.

Whatever - I just think they are all dumbasses anyway.

U2 should walk onstage and do whatever the hell they want. The Grammy's owe them that.

Originally posted by Dustybot:
Salome, what's the deal with Still Haven't Found?
it could be a statement against everything the grammys stand for

it probably isn't though
hell, I just like that song

------------------
Salome

Originally posted by Dustybot:
Explain to me how ATYCLB songs are oldies and Out of Control isn't. ;

About 70% of material from ATYCLB ( except Walk On and Beautiful Day ) sounds a little bit like it was already been written ( it's still very good though ) , and Out Of Control is a forever young punk song by it's spirit !

Good enough answer for me Salome.

And Ivan, it's funny you mention Beautiful Day and Walk On as the two fresh sounding songs on ATYCLB, since those are usually regarded as the most vintage-U2 sounding on the album.

I love Out of Control, but isn't that punk spirit that it embodies a bit of an oldy quality itself?

Back
Top Bottom