New U2 song titles in the new SPIN?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
now the question is does anyone have that Spin magazine yet to verify? I have a subscription but I dont know if it is still forwarding from my old address :-(

Well we shall see...

this is kind of cool, the old excitement of "new song titles for the new album".

memories...

Ok I need to go get SPIN. I just looked a couple days ago and it was still December.

Electrical Storm sounds interesting.

I think 'One step closer to home' would be interesting. Ah, the memories...

someone just posted to wire:

In the article, Bono is asked if they have started reccording yet for a new
album. He responds that he spent some time in Bali a while ago, getting
started writing the songs. Those were some of the titles that he had been
working on for the album. The Noel Gallagher song is about Bono's dad.

Originally posted by Mr. MacPhisto:
someone just posted to wire:

The Noel Gallagher song is about Bono's dad.

Wha....? I love Bono but I think his judgement is getting a little clouded here. Don't put some drunk British bastard on a song about your dad. I really hope this is a joke.

On a lighter note, a few news songs that could make up a third of an album. woohoo! album!

------------------
"Things will not be the same in this city for us." -Bono, Dublin, February 1980

please don't put noel galagher on a U2 album.

------------------
bottom line: U2 rules.

I think it's great that they 'reach out' to new and different people to collaborate with.

Here's the magazine cover-I can't find the issue anywhere yet.

u2spincover.jpg

------------------
If you are really good friends with The Edge, you can just call him The~ Adam

The right side of my brain is kinda redundant~ Larry

Originally posted by Gina Marie:
I think it's great that they 'reach out' to new and different people to collaborate with.

Here's the magazine cover-I can't find the issue anywhere yet.

yeah that's true. i just have a personal opinion that gallagher is an idiot. some of the other people they have collaborated with may have been idiots too. so i don't know. i've lost my focus, i wanna see gene simmons count his 'conquests'. hehehehe

------------------
bottom line: U2 rules.

i got the issue in the mail last night, and yes he does mention those song titles!

Originally posted by sharky:
Don't put some drunk British bastard on a song about your dad.

Who are you callin' British? I'm fookin English. And don't you forget it.

------------------
Reporter: Can you sum up Oasis in one word?
Me: ME!

Just because he might or might not be collaborating with Noel Gallagher doesn't mean that Noel will be playing or singing on the track. Noel might just have inspired it in some way, like David Stewart inspired Walk On. Plus, Noel Gallagher has given up drugs and alcohol since like 1999 much like Adam gave up alcohol in 1993, he realized it wasn't helping him. Either way, any U2 song will be great no matter where the inspiration came from. U2 has been very pure as far as their own albums and as far as collaborations the only one I can think of on an album is Johnny Cash on Zooropa.

------------------
"I swore to my father I'd never do hamster-style again."

"looking for the sound thats gonna drown out the world
looking for the father of my two little girls
got the swing got the sway got my straw in lemonade
looking for the face i had before the world was made." - MOFO

What an awesome cover! Not that it was needed but U2 once again proved that they are the best and biggest band in the world. They are true geniuses and are deserving of their successes. We are very fortunate to have them for our listening pleasure.

------------------
~ME THREE

Originally posted by Achtung Zooropa:
Plus, Noel Gallagher has given up drugs and alcohol since like 1999 much like Adam gave up alcohol in 1993, he realized it wasn't helping him.

Did you see his appearance on TRL earlier this year? The guy was out of his mind on something. Maybe he gave up alcohol but that doesn't mean he's not on something.

If you need further proof, he yelled at me earlier in this thread. What freak would yell at someone as beautiful and charming as me? Its another example of him being messed up in the head.

PS- the Spin cover is chilly cool!

Originally posted by Achtung Zooropa:
U2 has been very pure as far as their own albums and as far as collaborations the only one I can think of on an album is Johnny Cash on Zooropa.

Ummm, what about Rattle and Hum?

I don't think it's out of the question, but I also don't think it's likely.

Originally posted by sharky:
Did you see his appearance on TRL earlier this year? The guy was out of his mind on something. Maybe he gave up alcohol but that doesn't mean he's not on something.

That's me fookin brother you're thinking of. He's fookin insane all the time anyways, don't matter. I got em all off that shit they was doing before. Forget all that, it's about the music now. Oasis music, all the proper rock n roll.

Carson Daly deserves a swift kick in the britches anyway. Asswipe wanker...

------------------
Reporter: Can you sum up Oasis in one word?
Me: ME!

I still can't believe my eyes... U2 on the cover of Spin with the words Band of the Year scrawled over it! Anymore signs of the apocalypse?

I want a new U2 album soon!!! Like really soon!! It is time to use up all the good will they've built with the media this past year with a new album.

------------------
~ "You can't resist her. She's in your bones. She is your marrow and your ride home. You can't avoid her. She's in the air; in between molecules of oxygen and carbon dioxide." ~ RC

Also remember that Mick Jagger and his daughter had sung backup on Stuck in a Moment and that wasn't put on the album so I woulnd't worry about Gallagher. I wonder if it is the song "tough"...that song was supposed to be about bono's father too.

Yes, that was me on Total Request whatever, I think the show fookin' stinks. And while me brother 'as been busy with U2, I've been working with the most top rockers in the world, Steely Dan.

I've had the new issue for a few days now. Didn't see any new u2 song titles but there's a sweet pic of them jamming back in 1979.

Maybe another of the titles, from an interview with Bono in a paper here a while back.........

Bono has recently written a song about his father, called Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own. In the abscence of a handy guitar, Bono half-sings, half-speaks some of it("You don't have to put up a fight/ You don't have to always be right"), and then subsides into an uncharacteristic hush.

I can't wait to hear these songs and other future classics such as:

If You Die, I Don't
The Weather Girls
Sparky Has Left the Planet
Pete the Chop (Not to be confused with Whatever Happened to Pete the Chop)
Be There
The Sun, the Moon and the Stars
Sometimes You Can't Make it On Your Own
Aaaaannd...

A dozen other songs we've heard about but will NEVER, EVER, EVER hear.

MAP

I have an mp3 of "Be There," that i actually downloaded from this page--it's in the rarities section of the lyrics archive

=)
mmb

------------------
And as the book says, "we may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us."

Back
Top Bottom