new u2 song and video on mtv

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for the welcome jezebel and others...

and mbh, not exactly sure what to say...My dad's middle name is David? He was born in Oak Park, Michigan? He was initially turned off by Zoo Station, but ultimately learned the joy that is achtung baby?
wink.gif

hey ignoreland...I gave you some credit too on the other post that I wrote up. I just didn't want anyone to think that I had found the information by myself.
smile.gif

Hey ignore, welcome to the board and thanks so much for sharing. I was curious when did you become a fan of the band? Cause it sounds like you've been a fan for a long time so it must've blown your mind to find your dad working with Bono. How cool.

I really appreciate all the work your dad is doing so tell him thanks and best of luck on his new job.

*edit mistype

------------------
Long live the lemon!!!

[This message has been edited by mbi16 (edited 05-11-2002).]

I'll second all of the "thank you for the info" posts on here. I've been dying to find out how these tunes are shaping up, and this is some great information. If there's anything else you'd like to share, ignoreland (which is an ass-kickin song, by the way), feel free!
smile.gif
And welcome to the boards!

------------------
I used to think
As birds take wing
They sing through life so why can't we?

?Poetry doesn?t belong to those who write it; it belongs to those who need it.?

My life is 10% more exciting right now, thanks to you ignoreland.

------------------
Gravity Pulls Me Down,U2 Lifts Me Up

will mtv(music channel) show this, what the funq is going on and why did not u2.com tell us about this?

------------------
"BONO'S PRAYER HEAVENS AIR"

ROCK, ROCK, ROCK, ROCK, ROCK&ROLL HIGH SCHOOL.
THE RAMONES
i dont want to be a pinhead no more.

Originally posted by shaun vox:
why did not u2.com tell us about this?

Ha! You've got to be kidding. U2.com might have a short article about this in a few weeks...
wink.gif

------------------
I used to think
As birds take wing
They sing through life so why can't we?

?Poetry doesn?t belong to those who write it; it belongs to those who need it.?

Originally posted by Mirrorball Girl:
Ha! You've got to be kidding. U2.com might have a short article about this in a few weeks...
wink.gif

Yeah. And they'll send us an e-mail letting us know about a "special announcement" they have for us.
wink.gif

In other news:

Woohoo!! This is so exciting! Thanks ignoreland!
smile.gif

Originally posted by ignoreland:
[B
suffice it to say that the songs (at least in their current incarnation) rock. I like them more than "the hands that built..." and far more than any ATYCLB cuts. I guarantee you'll have a smile on your face when you hear some of these tunes and especially edge's riffs.

[This message has been edited by ignoreland (edited 05-11-2002).][/B]

OMG Ignore thanks so so so much
You just helped me a great deal today, as I am pretty fuzzy

Edge-heaven soon to be!
I guess he listened to me afterall
wink.gif
wink.gif

Oh and welcome to you BIG TIME Ignore and big thumbs up to your Dad!

Thanks Ignoreland but I am a bit skeptical. It is always funny when someone new joins the Forum and claims to have "spoken to Bono" and "heard rehearsal tapes of new songs".

If youre for real, thanks for sharing.

I wish I could know you were just not another person in Interference pulling our leg with wishful thinking.

Damn how I'd like for this to be real...

I don't care who you are ignoreland, I'm so desperate for info on the new stuff even lies will suffice. but welcome!

and I think I may have mentioned this in another thread so sorry for the repetition but....MTV is supposed to be showing the concert in full on May 24 I think so be on the lookout for that.

ok....
*eyes twitch*
Give me mp3
.losing....mind

------------------
I'm not living
I'm just killing time

Originally posted by Gina Marie:
I think we should really give him the benefit of the doubt. He posted here a couple of weeks ago
http://forum.interference.com/u2feedback/Forum1/HTML/019132.html

If someone would actually use Jeffrey Sachs' name (a man worthy of much admiration) to pull something like this on here, that truly would be sad.

I hope you're not offended ignoreland
smile.gif

thanx for the heads up, Gina Marie

call me gullible, but I'm convinced

hmmm...a lot of very cynical people in these parts, huh?
wink.gif

anyway, I would have little motivation to lie...but if you really need proof feel free to shoot me an e-mail at adam_sachs@bbns.org, a school account i don't use anyway.

Hey Ignore...

Do you have any clue as to who is producing these "sessions"?

My gut feeling right now is that U2(Edge) is doing a lot of the work.

I think if we know who's producing, it'll give us a better idea of the type of sound that's being created.

hey ignoreland,

this is all pretty cool. i take it you're a bb&n guy... i went to rl and now i work in harvard square. thanks for the update.

can you tell us what you think the best tune you heard is? (if you feel this doesn't compromise any trust)

I'm happy 'bout the news too... sounds exciting, except for the part "more mainstream than TGBHF". That could mean about anything, but still, I cringe a bit when I hear the word mainstream...

thanks for the news
smile.gif

Originally posted by sharky:
I don't care who you are ignoreland, I'm so desperate for info on the new stuff even lies will suffice.

this cracked me up, i almost threw up laughing

but i know how u feel...

------------------
~stadtmueller

Thank you for the insight Ignoreland.

It matters little to me who you really are. Welcome to the forum.

I certainly mean no disrespect.
wink.gif

You could be Lucifer for all I know. If you have some important news to share about the band, you have my attention.

As long as you don't ask for my soul, my money, or my lunch today, I have no reason to doubt you. I, unlike many around these parts, still hold to the notion that most people are genuinely good by nature.

Thanks for posting!

------------------
"Pull the trigger on a rock n' roll ****** bigger than Jesus on a bumper sticker!" -Bono, Bullet the Blue Sky.

welcome ignoreland... thanks for the news, it's very exciting! wish your father good luck in his new job from all of us
smile.gif
Keep us updated when you can!

------------------
She comes in colors you know she's gonna turn the daylight on

*Happy Birthday Bono*

Back
Top Bottom