New U2 on the Radio in San Diego

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've found a file on Limewire called "U2 New Album Vertigo" It's a long MP3 that starts with some guitar feedback, them a pounding dance beat, and trippy keys and siren sounds. Then the voice w/ heavy effects. Not Bono, but a British dude.

MrBrau1 said:
I've found a file on Limewire called "U2 New Album Vertigo" It's a long MP3 that starts with some guitar feedback, them a pounding dance beat, and trippy keys and siren sounds. Then the voice w/ heavy effects. Not Bono, but a British dude.

Sounds exactly like the trax I heard on Kazaa. :|

:eyebrow: Kind of unrelated, but I was looking at U2 stuff on Limewire earlier today and a file came up called "All Because Of You," which if I'm not mistaken was a prospective song title being tossed around the rumor board. I downloaded it and the file wouldn't even play.

I'm sure I got some great viruses out of it, though. :|

Update - I sent them the 2 new news stories (Telegraph & Wired) at lunch time and e mailed a requst to play it again during the show. Reply back was they had stopped playing it as they are no longer sure it is U2. Shame, as U2warlp was set up to record it. They still insist they got it from Limewire.
I still wish I knew what the song is.

I can't beLIEve how much bullshit I keep finding on these forums. Get real, people!

Eliv8 said:

Mango - Could you listen this afternoon and help identify what song it is? - Thanks

Sorry, I didn't see this post until today (7/23).

I usually try to avoid Star 100.7 at all costs, but if it will help get to the bottom of this issue, I'll take one for the team.

So I'll listen on my way home from work today and report back.

MrBrau1 said:

You just described every Pet Shop Boys song!

Just kidding.

Ballymun said:
I can't beLIEve how much bullshit I keep finding on these forums. Get real, people!

Ooops... sorry, but I think I may have over-reacted there (just a little ;) ). Must have been drunk when I posted that! HAHA. :D

But, seriously, let's all just take chill pill! I mean, there was always going to be someone who claimed that they had a copy of U2's "stolen album" (whether it be an egotistical individual, or a radio station playing some stupid prank). I wish people weren't quite so gullible!

Ballymun said:
But, seriously, let's all just take chill pill! I mean, there was always going to be someone who claimed that they had a copy of U2's "stolen album" (whether it be an egotistical individual, or a radio station playing some stupid prank). I wish people weren't quite so gullible!

Allrighty, I think you're the one who needs to take a chill pill if you're so worked up over this. Stop trying to lecture us all and relax. :| This guy thought he'd heard a new song and was just reporting this to other fans. It's not his fault that the radio station is airing nonsense, and it's hardly a crime that people were interested (on a big fansite....while waiting on a new album...that's allegedly been stolen. Go figure :shrug: ).

neutral said:

Allrighty, I think you're the one who needs to take a chill pill if you're so worked up over this. Stop trying to lecture us all and relax. :|

Fair call. Points noted. :)

Well, I started listening to Star on the way home on Friday and after suffering through Ace of Bass' I Saw The Sign, some Britney Spears, and the latest iteration of the Blink 1889275983472 song, I had to turn it off.

I'm sorry Eliv8, I just don't think this station is capable of leaking new U2 music.

Back
Top Bottom