New U2 iPods

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
discothequeLP said:
no poster with this ipod.

i'll try ripping this video in a bit :hmm:

:bow:

For those of us who dished out more money for the original U2 ipod..and didn't get anything for free.....some help in passing along the video would be GREATLY appreciated!! :yes:

Indeed if you could do that please!

As you might have read i also bought the new U2 Ipod but i can't download the U2 video because the music store in Holland doesnt have video's yet.

So i was a bit disappointed to find that out. :(

Well i just found the coupon!!

It was right under all this paper stuff and in the middle.....

And so i enterd the code and it says:

The item you want to buy is no longer available...

Disappointment again.. Im going to call the customer service tomorrow to see wheter this is because of the Dutch store or i just have a faulty code.

Damn i really want this video. :(

^ are you serious?! i'm so sorry. that's quite a disappointment. i hope you get things sorted out, cuz you did pay for it, man =/

i'm getting one soon! ^_____^ i'm really excited. my first iPod ever. the wait was long enough. thank goodness.

tuwie said:
^ are you serious?! i'm so sorry. that's quite a disappointment. i hope you get things sorted out, cuz you did pay for it, man =/

i'm getting one soon! ^_____^ i'm really excited. my first iPod ever. the wait was long enough. thank goodness.
Yep a disappointment for me for sure.

I still don't know what the problem is. If it's the fact that the dutch music store doesnt sell video's, or simply because i got a faulty code.

I was late from work today so no time to call the customer service but im going to do that tomorrow.

I really want too know. Because on the website it says you get the video and on the card it says you get the video and all in dutch.

So i would be highly suprised if the problem was the music store....

schnumi said:
Yep a disappointment for me for sure.

I still don't know what the problem is. If it's the fact that the dutch music store doesnt sell video's, or simply because i got a faulty code.

I was late from work today so no time to call the customer service but im going to do that tomorrow.

I really want too know. Because on the website it says you get the video and on the card it says you get the video and all in dutch.

So i would be highly suprised if the problem was the music store....

I'm interested in it too!
btw, do you think it's already available in dutch apple stores?
my sister is going to buy an iBook next week, and if the iPod is available in amsterdam, I'm going with her to get one :cool:

I just purchased mine and have been playing around with it for the past few hours. I've notcied the following:

The ipod is beautiful, not only the black and red that I like so much, but the black back, the sigs, and the shiny new look that the whole thing has.

I just finished watching the video and was overall a little disappointed by it. Mofo Mexico City is fun but the live music video for the song was preview enough of what it would be like. The retro I Will Follow video is actually very enjoyable and makes me laugh at Bono's quirky and bouncey stage presence early in his career. ZooTV streets is one of my favorites from the video and is such a treat to watch, as is God Pt. 2 from Lovetown. Finally, COBL Milan was exciting because it shows us what we are in store for this fall from the DVD. The video is pretty good, but for me, the energy dosent come anywhere near Slane (what people are thinking it could be similar to). The editing seen in the COBL video is also sort of a letdown, few crowd shots, awkward still frames, and some overlapping images that look rather unprofessional.

In closing, I'm really happy I bought the iPod, but I think everyone is a little bit too worked up over the video documentary...anyways, I'll let someone else add more commentary if they want, I guess I'm not as hungry for new U2 footage as everyone else is...

DontExpect said:

In closing, I'm really happy I bought the iPod, but I think everyone is a little bit too worked up over the video documentary...anyways, I'll let someone else add more commentary if they want, I guess I'm not as hungry for new U2 footage as everyone else is...

That's pretty much what I would say too. I love the iPod but the video wasn't all that special for me. I got a little bored with some of it and skipped ahead.

I visited the iPod store today :shifty: Watched a few of the videos there: Mofo, God Part II, and a little bit of the other tracks (COBL, IWF). And it looked so pretty too :drool: But I already have a video iPod, so no new one for me :|

It's a nice video, especially because I had never seen much of the footage before, being fairly new to U2 fandom. The "I Will Follow" cut is fascinating to compare with "I Will Follow" from the Elevation DVD 20 odd years later.

What intrigued me was the cut from Milan last summer -- is this a preview of the Milan DVD that's supposed to becoming out?

As for the iPod itself, I am going from a video-less mini, which I had filled up, to a video full-sized iPod. I've really enjoyed the change. It's a pretty piece of electronica and it has been great to use on a cross country trip.

p.s. when I originally went to download the video, the download crashed in the middle. I emailed Apple and they got back to me in minutes with a fix. So anyone having trouble with codes and the like, send them an email, they really do respond quickly.

Galeongirl said:

I'm interested in it too!
btw, do you think it's already available in dutch apple stores?
my sister is going to buy an iBook next week, and if the iPod is available in amsterdam, I'm going with her to get one :cool:
Im not sure but the guy i talked to on the phone said that they had plenty in stock so. :)

cruzila said:
silly question... out of curiosity, does this one come pre-loaded with all of the songs like I think the 1st one did? I am getting mine tonight, but am really anxious. I'd rather know before I go.

Thanks!!! :nerd: :giggle:

The first one didn't come with all the songs already on it.

Its too bad they didnt tag on a sort of "Complete Video U2" with this newest one, if even for a price. It seems like it would have been more of a treat for fans of the band compared with the "Love U2" video we got with the new ipod. Oh well, theres always something left to be desired...

the mods are probably gonna have a fit with this, but. . .

*link removed by Bonochick*

If you figured we were going to have a fit with it, why did you post it? Consider this a warning to not post officially released material.

Sorry to be a wet blanket, folks.

Last edited by a moderator:
discothequeLP said:
the mods are probably gonna have a fit with this, but. . .

*link removed by Bonochick*

Cool - thanks!

now to just get the video :shifty:

Last edited by a moderator:
schnumi said:
Im not sure but the guy i talked to on the phone said that they had plenty in stock so. :)

yay! I didn't see it yet in the advertisements so I wasn't sure if it was out here yet...
I hope I can get it next week :)

Ok a update om my video situation:

I called the customer service today, i kept on the line for 15 minutes and they came to the conclusion that they couldnt do anything about it....

I had to email them. So now i've sent them an email and i hope this will get sorted out soon.

Wooot! Just downloaded the video!

I emailed Apple yesterday and i got a email back that they were investegating it and trying to solve it.

So i tried to download it today and it worked! :)

Now watching MOOOOFOOOO! :drool:

schnumi said:
Wooot! Just downloaded the video!

I emailed Apple yesterday and i got a email back that they were investegating it and trying to solve it.

So i tried to download it today and it worked! :)

Now watching MOOOOFOOOO! :drool:
:hyper: good to know it works here!
my sis called the apple store today to ask them if they could put an iBook she wanted apart, and a U2 ipod, it was the LAST one!!!!!!!! damn I'm happy! saturday I'll get it :D
:hyper: can't wait!

Back
Top Bottom